Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Controller Disconnected Message

Reaction score
I did the latest I2 firmware update last weekend. Put it up in the air and had some camera issues. Numerous error messages related to the camera. I run the second controller for camera operations. Turned out that the second controller had not been updated correctly. Updated it and then ended up with an "inconsistent Firmware" message. Updated all again and thought it was fixed. Went to put it up in the air and it began to spin on me. I put it right back down. Ever since, controllers say "disconnected", all I can do is power the I2 up. None of the normal tones are made during initialization. Cant get the gear to go to travel mode. Fast yellow blinking light on the back of the AC. Tried pairing the main controller again with no success. Tried connecting two different computers with the "assistant" with no connectivity.

Anyone else with these symptoms?

I'm having trouble with the USB with my P4 and Air 2. I thought it was a bad cable, but it occurred with a brand new Apple cable with a "Disconnect" yesterday. Seems if I unplug it from the transmitter and then plug it back in, it works for a while until something goes wonky like the C1 camera not moving and meaning it has disconnected partially again from the controller. Unplug and insert it again and it works!

More odd was Autopilot is also having trouble and way down in the More menu it shows both the Name and Aircraft both being Phantom 4. In time, one name loses Phantom 4 and becomes - -, and the the other Phantom 4 disappears to - - also. Then it Disconnects. I don't know if it is the DJI SDK kit affecting their issue, or the firmware is just buggy in the RC unit (likely) for the USB losing the data feed. Autopilot sent me a beta as a fix, but I cannot find it yet in the Apple Store to fetch it.

Might explain why my I2 RC green LED goes dark and it plain disconnects all transmission and sets the I2 to hover in place while I reboot the RC in flight to get control back. Something is likely wrong with these radio's firmware folks.

Yep, Double checked that too. Switch is in the bottom position. The one that looks like a laptop. I've even tried the iPad with the switch in the upper position. Nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawsonlee