Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crash after updating RC to 1.7.60

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post. I have been flying the DJI Inspire for almost a year now, and I love it...primarily because it's so rock solid. I have never, ever, been scared to fly it, or had it drift away, or lose power, or go off in a strange direction. That is, until today.

I flew the Inspire this morning with no problems at all. This afternoon I downloaded and upgraded the firmware for the RC to 1.7.60. It was successful. Shut everything down, went back to the exact same spot I flew earlier in the morning.

Powered up the drone, no warnings, everything fine: Go to take off, and at about 20m from me the drone goes into a tight spiral, a death spiral, and crashes down LUCKILY narrowly avoiding a group of people, their cars, and the ocean, which i was about to fly over.

What can I do to try to get some answers here? I have the flight log on my phone, which I can see and playback. The .mp4 file on the SD card (which survived) is not playable.

Do I try and approach DJI for compensation on this? Is that even something they would consider? I think its pretty obvious from the flight logs that this was 100% a software issue, as there are no obstacles, the weather was sunny, no wind at the time of crash.

Johnny

Agressive takeoff. I alway try and give the aircraft a chance to stabilize and warm up after takeoff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde