Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crashed in public

Here is a list of all the aircraft that crash in public, day by day, week by week, month by month and year by year. And yet very rarely do they make the national news. Pretty interesting reading on what led up to the "accidents" NTSB - Aviation Accidents - Index of Months

Among the interesting things in this report is the shear number of incidents. Since the total number of private pilots in the USA is 620K and that it's likely there are quite a few more drone pilots than the total number of private AND commercial pilots in the USA it's actually surprising there hasn't been more reports of drones crashing and hurting and killing people.

Perhaps the fear of drones is a tad overblown!

Brian

Among the interesting things in this report is the shear number of incidents. Since the total number of private pilots in the USA is 620K and that it's likely there are quite a few more drone pilots than the total number of private AND commercial pilots in the USA it's actually surprising there hasn't been more reports of drones crashing and hurting and killing people.

Perhaps the fear of drones is a tad overblown!

Brian

I counted at least 240 incidents in the USA for just this year so far.

So roughly equal to 1 incident per state per month is hardly the drone Armageddon predicted.
Just saying, not trying to argue.

I think he was counting the incidents in civil and commercial aviation as listed in the link a few posts back. I don't know of a formal accounting for drone incidents.

Brian

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla