Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crashed while on vacation!

Reaction score
Im on vacation for the week, spending time on the coast at Murrells Inlet, SC. Ive been having some great flights recording family fishing and water skiing. Today while flying my drone lost altitude fast and crashed into marsh grass. I fought its rapid descent and managed to narrowly avoid it plunging into the water.
Since Im on vacation I have no computer to connect my drone to, is there a way to copy the data files other than a hard connect behind the tail light? I’d like to post the files to find out what I did wrong. I recovered the drone, no apparent damage.
Im reluctant to fly but missing out on some great family footage.

You can review your flight, watch how you controlled the sticks easily in the go app. This is limited data but may still help.

No need to turn on the Inspire, open the Go App and when you get to the screen that shows your Inspire, tap on the arrow direction Icon on the top left of the screen. That will open your flight list, tap on the flight you want to review. Tap on the play button on the bottom of the screen, the main screen will show your flight path and any warnings that may have been shown. Tap on the remote control icon and that will show how you input any stick movement. You can speed it up as required by tapping on the X1 tab.

Reactions: Alancctv
As suspected 100% Operator Error! I must have had my right thumb dragging on the right toggle. When I saw the drop in altitude I panicked and made it worse. Ive got to learn to let go into a hover. Fortunately all that was harmed was my ankle (got cut crossing an oyster bed). Another solution is to bust the piggy bank and upgrade to a camera with interchangable lenses. A longer lens would enable me to fly higher and avoid having to fly so low (I’m capturing shots of family water skiing). Let me know if you’ve got any better cameras in that will work with a grass stained Inspire 1

As suspected 100% Operator Error! I must have had my right thumb dragging on the right toggle. When I saw the drop in altitude I panicked and made it worse. Ive got to learn to let go into a hover. Fortunately all that was harmed was my ankle (got cut crossing an oyster bed). Another solution is to bust the piggy bank and upgrade to a camera with interchangable lenses. A longer lens would enable me to fly higher and avoid having to fly so low (I’m capturing shots of family water skiing). Let me know if you’ve got any better cameras in that will work with a grass stained Inspire 1

I am glad you found the issue and posted your findings. We all have done the same at one time or another. Some of us more than others :) Funny you should ask but we recently acquired a large batch of used Inspire 1 equipment and accessories including X5 cameras and 45mm lenses, that combo will reach out and allow you to be further away from your subject. You can see them all here, Pre-Owned. The X5 and 45mm lens will work on grass stained Inspire 1's!

Reactions: Mixchief

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawsonlee