Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Critical Failure of T*Motor Props during shoot

Hello,
just to add our technical help on the point.
We do produce folding carbon fiber propellers for Inspire 1 and 2 from long before TMotor entered this particular market niche.
Our design for the Inspire 2 contemplates the use of nylon locknut embedded in the lower hub, but the most important part is the retaining spring washer on the top, just under the head of the screw.
That seemingly trivial part is the key in the joint, as it keeps a lot of constant force in the assembly, embedding itself into the contact surfaces (7075 aluminium hub and 10.8 steel screw), preventing any turning action not deliberatlely applied to the screw with a proper hex key.
In about three years of production, not a single customer had the propellers detach from the central hub, nor suffering functional structural damage in the carbon fiber.
Cosmetic scratches can happen, but they do not cause performance or safety issues; we do usually send replacements anyways.

We had a dozen reporting a collision with birds or crash into rocks, but in every case the folding props absorbed the impact and the rigidity of the carbon fiber permitted to the drone to come back home safely under its own flight ability.

We need to specify that our propellers are 100% carbon fiber, whereas competitor's one are resin infusion with some carbon layers added for strength.

Here attached are some detailed pictures of the aforementioned spring washer, and the others reinforcements embedded into the carbon fiber.

View attachment 22337View attachment 22338View attachment 22339View attachment 22340View attachment 22341View attachment 22342View attachment 22343

We hope this post didn't sound too much like advertising, but we felt there were some technical aspects to clarify.

Best regards,
HeliEngadin
So after emailing you specifically and getting the USA distributor which you said is Florida Drone Supply (and the only one) I called them and spoke with Michael and he told me that they haven’t received anything from you to sell here in the USA. So my question is how do I purchase your newest version of the CF folding propellers if they’re not available here?

So after emailing you specifically and getting the USA distributor which you said is Florida Drone Supply I called them and spoke with Michael and he told me that they haven’t received anything from you to sell here in the USA. So my question is how do I purchase your newest version of the CF folding propellers if they’re not available here?

Well, Michael has always been a strong partner, but he did not confirm his last order yet.
We have some sets reserved for FDS, so as soon as they confirm we will supply them.
Or you can order directly through heliengadin.com

Regards,

Thanks for the information and I’ll be getting back to you soon about purchasing a set for my Inspire 2. Although the weather here is getting into the winter months I still want to order some before spring rolls around. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido