Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal sky and 3rd party apps allowed now??!

Reaction score
i fired up my crystal sky after a hiatus and got an update message saying the newest version allows 3rd party apps! Cool. Gonna try it out.

We have the framework to manage them but not yet the support to handle installation of paid apps or those that require Google services etc.

Private custom apps can be used. These are apps which can be loaded via a sd card and not downloaded from google play. This is really good news to provide clients with a stable, fast, and daylight useable android device that is custom built for DJI applications. Now developers can build custom apps specifically for the crystal sky devices instead of having dealing with a broad range of android devices, operating system versions, and speed capabilities - all of which is difficult to support.

Here are the apps I’ve been able to install so far. Note: DroneDeploy, FlightRadar24, & Verifly do not run (Google Play services not supported on this device, also there is no Play Store or support for paid apps such as Litchi yet)

Attachments

• 9BB65BED-C44E-41D3-B5BD-5B457DA56539.jpeg
    9BB65BED-C44E-41D3-B5BD-5B457DA56539.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: Advexure
I can't believe they have the dedicated CrystalSky monitor and they do not have their GS Pro app available for Android. I want my new CrystalSky for flying and using their own GS Pro app for mapping, I had hoped I would no longer need my Ipad.

I can't believe they have the dedicated CrystalSky monitor and they do not have their GS Pro app available for Android. I want my new CrystalSky for flying and using their own GS Pro app for mapping, I had hoped I would no longer need my Ipad.

Have you worked with the DJI Pilot app (for CrystalSky & Android)? I'm sure we'll be seeing full GS Pro functionality integrate with DJI Pilot.

Have you worked with the DJI Pilot app (for CrystalSky & Android)? I'm sure we'll be seeing full GS Pro functionality integrate with DJI Pilot.
I have not, can you offer a little more detail please. I believe I may have heard of the Pilot App but have not knowledge or experience of it. I offer mapping services and want to use one with my CrystalSky and I've been mostly using GS Pro on my Ipad lately.

Just found out that the Pilot App is already installed on the CrystalSky and after having a look discovered the mapping app functionality is not yet functional.

Here are the apps I’ve been able to install so far. Note: DroneDeploy, FlightRadar24, & Verifly do not run (Google Play services not supported on this device, also there is no Play Store or support for paid apps such as Litchi yet)

Until it runs Litchi and UAV Forecast, Crystal Sky is a NFZ for me.

Yes, I know people have hacked and rooted it. That is not the right way to do this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP