Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky & Inspire 2 Problem

Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

My Crystal Sky has been very unreliable. Sometimes it works great and sometimes it works terrible. The problems are latency and interference. I haven't been able to find patterns in the monitor's behavior because the problems occur almost randomly and spontaneously. I have had it for about 1.5 years and find myself going back to my iPad consistently. I sent the Crystal Sky into DJI and had it "repaired" about 6 months ago, but the problems are still there. Anyone else experienced this? I welcome all advice. Maybe I just got a bad item. Thanks.

Reactions: AgentOrange
Hey Y'all,

My Crystal Sky has been very unreliable. Sometimes it works great and sometimes it works terrible. The problems are latency and interference. I haven't been able to find patterns in the monitor's behavior because the problems occur almost randomly and spontaneously. I have had it for about 1.5 years and find myself going back to my iPad consistently. I sent the Crystal Sky into DJI and had it "repaired" about 6 months ago, but the problems are still there. Anyone else experienced this? I welcome all advice. Maybe I just got a bad item. Thanks.
You aren't alone. DJI's CrystalSky is an Android device that is on the same firmware shipped with them in 2017 and the firmware is custom to DJI and can't be updated. My two and a friend's two have been to DJI Service cross-country (NY and VA to CA) and the DJI engineers have done something after mulitple visits that gets my M600 and Inspire 2 flying again. I think DJI should have re-called the CrystalSky long ago. I know this doesn't help you fly more, but it's helpful to know what's going on. The dialog with DJI Customer Service in China has been very cordial and responsive, but the product seems to defy reliable operation and service. I'm citing two agonizing situations but search the Internet and you'll see we're not alone. This may be a similar situation to the product performance of the Inspire 2's TB50 batteries; also long overdue for re-call.

As mentioned above, the CS is aged without updates.
I have 2 Ultra Brights & 2 standard.... all packed in storage, retired.
Switched over to iPad Pro 11" without issues for M600, M210 & Inspire 2.

Reactions: AgentOrange
As mentioned above, the CS is aged without updates.
I have 2 Ultra Brights & 2 standard.... all packed in storage, retired.
Switched over to iPad Pro 11" without issues for M600, M210 & Inspire 2.
I have also tested and fly fine with iPads on standard DJI Remote Controllers and Cendence for Inspire 2 and M600. For now, my two CrystalSky displays are working but the iPads are close by for backup.

I just got new/used I2 and am on this looking for this very problem. Only having 4 flights with it so far, wondering what the deal is!! Breakup, bad latency, so now I reckon I gonna put on the Ipad and see how it goes. Gonna piss me off thou, bought the CS separately for $400!

There is only Go and Go4 on this!
Try what I suggest. The CrystalSky run several apps that you don’t see. Close them all and then open dji go(4). You should be good after doing that. And BTW do not install the latest firmware version.

Will do thx!! Unfortunately, I think it came with the latest FW. Is there a way downgrade on this tablet that you know of?? Thx for the help! Bolton

No, there’s no way to roll back or downgrade firmware. The latest firmware was released back in December, so it’s relatively new. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg