Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky Monitors

Reaction score
Any info available yet which indicates if the Crystal Sky monitors can be used with the current Inspire 2 controller or will a new type of controller have to be purchased as well?

Any info available yet which indicates if the Crystal Sky monitors can be used with the current Inspire 2 controller or will a new type of controller have to be purchased as well?
I don't see why not. The CrystalSky is nothing more than a high NIT output monitor that runs android and thus the Go App.

At worst it might need a new mounting bracket for the controller as the CrystalSky devices look to be a vair bit thicker than current tablets.

Reactions: henrymerrilees
It's supposed to be compatible with a regular phantom 4 according to the rep at CES, but it's still up in the air as far as the final design. The article linked covers the prototypes^

I would assume the CrystalSkys will come with two different mounting adapters given that the P4 RC will require a two-point mounting adapter (same as I1 RC) and the I2 RC has the new three-point mounting adapter. I haven't taken the tablet holder off of an I2 remote but I believe what may be under it is the exact same mounting mechanism as the P3, P4 and I1 remotes all have and the plate has just been redesigned to be stronger for increased weight support.

Reactions: Urban Kixx Filming
From the DJI website:

The CrystalSky monitor can be quickly connected to Inspire 2, the Inspire 1 series, the Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced, Matrice Series and Mavic using the remote controller USB port, as well as Phantom 3 4K and Phantom 3 Standard over Wi-Fi.

Yes... but i dont see the cable between them.. for i1 n i2 ...from google and also youtube... even the phantom 4 pro remote tooo..

They are not showing you the device connected to a live aircraft though, so there is no need for the cable.

Have a look of this...

I am wondering this after seem this video..

DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus Remote Control - YouTube

Once the rc on the screen boot .. and i also dont see any cable... it would be a perfect investment if already get ridd of thr cable

I have flown one with the built in monitor, the cabling goes thru the mounting bracket. The screen is very bright and in sunlight can bee seen even with polarized sunglasses on.

I have flown one with the built in monitor, the cabling goes thru the mounting bracket. The screen is very bright and in sunlight can bee seen even with polarized sunglasses on.
Cool... thanks for carifly.. si basicly it just goes thru the mounting bracket and connect to externel usb ? Or it just connect inside the rc?

Reactions: SanCap
Maybe there is a port underneath the tablet holder bracket on the controller, and can be swapped in the future with an upgraded version that connects to such port? Anybody taken their bracket off there I2 Tx yet. Eh?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Maybe there is a port underneath the tablet holder bracket on the controller, and can be swapped in the future with an upgraded version that connects to such port? Anybody taken their bracket off there I2 Tx yet. Eh?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Who volumteer to do ? Rise ur hand up... haha

That is not the same thing at all.

With the built-in monitor on the P4P+ controller, the android device is built into the controller itself, it is not in the screen as it will be with the separate CrystalSky monitors. Compare the thickness and you'll see the difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla