Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky Recording Enabled?!??

Reaction score
Hello Forum Folks,

I have three questions about the CS and I'm hoping somebody has figured out a solution.

1. Have any of you discovered a way to make it REALLY obvious that the CS is recording? The red circle changing to a red square is just a little to subtle while I'm filming. Is there an option to frame the screen with a red perimeter such as the ATOMOS products do while recording? I've missed a few great shots this month on both the CS 5.5 and the CS 7.85 with the Inspire 2 and the OsmoPro X5 simply because I thought they were recording.

2. Can we record to the internal micro SD's on the CS with the OsmoPro/Zenmuse X5 combo when they're wired together with the dongle adapter? I would really like to record to the X5 and CS simultaneously for safety sake of having a backup in case one or the other fails.

3. Is there any way to increase the bit depth on the HDMI output from the CS to 10 bit? It may be a bottleneck from the X5 to the OsmoPro connector. The ATOMOS Shogun and Ninja 5 will both record UHD 60p ProRes from the CS HDMI output, but I'm still seeing some banding in subtle gradients which makes me think it's still 8-bit data.

Thank you for the help!

Andre
Four K Videos

Attachments

• IMG_6101.jpg
    IMG_6101.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
Hello Forum Folks,

I have three questions about the CS and I'm hoping somebody has figured out a solution.

1. Have any of you discovered a way to make it REALLY obvious that the CS is recording? The red circle changing to a red square is just a little to subtle while I'm filming. Is there an option to frame the screen with a red perimeter such as the ATOMOS products do while recording? I've missed a few great shots this month on both the CS 5.5 and the CS 7.85 with the Inspire 2 and the OsmoPro X5 simply because I thought they were recording.

2. Can we record to the internal micro SD's on the CS with the OsmoPro/Zenmuse X5 combo when they're wired together with the dongle adapter? I would really like to record to the X5 and CS simultaneously for safety sake of having a backup in case one or the other fails.

3. Is there any way to increase the bit depth on the HDMI output from the CS to 10 bit? It may be a bottleneck from the X5 to the OsmoPro connector. The ATOMOS Shogun and Ninja 5 will both record UHD 60p ProRes from the CS HDMI output, but I'm still seeing some banding in subtle gradients which makes me think it's still 8-bit data.

Thank you for the help!

Andre
Four K Videos
3. Are you sure the X5 even records 10 bit to begin with? I am under the impression that it is 8 bit only

3. Are you sure the X5 even records 10 bit to begin with? I am under the impression that it is 8 bit only
Thanks for the reply. You're absolutely right, the X5 only records 8 bit due to the bandwidth restrictions on the microSD card... 60 MBPS if memory serves me. But the sensor itself is the same as the X5R, and I was wondering if the same restrictions were true with the Crystalsky when connected using the dongle/adapter since it's potentially faster connectivity over USB than WiFi.

Thanks for the reply. You're absolutely right, the X5 only records 8 bit due to the bandwidth restrictions on the microSD card... 60 MBPS if memory serves me. But the sensor itself is the same as the X5R, and I was wondering if the same restrictions were true with the Crystalsky when connected using the dongle/adapter since it's potentially faster connectivity over USB than WiFi.
I highly doubt that it’s 10 bit even with the X5R. I think the HDMI out is really just meant for monitoring tbh.

Reactions: niki

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla