Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystalsky mounting bracket DJI - disappointed

Reaction score
I guess these were designed for people with extremely thin fingers . The very first time I used it was hitting my thumbs on the bracket even with the knobs adjusted all the way down as shown in second photo. If you adjust the knobs up as in photo 1 they practically hit the bracket with no room at all for your thumbs at all. For now have space the bracket up about 1/4 inch with a spacer and washers ( photo 3). At least my thumps don't hit now. Just think this was badly engineered. Dont know why they could have not made it higher to eliminate this problem. And I do not have fat fingers - lol

Attachments

• IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    462.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    666.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1039.PNG
    IMG_1039.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Reactions: Phil DeVore
No thin fingers here, or thin thumbs to be precise, but no problems either...

I can see what you mean though, I do keep my sticks short and any extension of the sticks would cause the problem you are seeing.

That is a bad design, but they bumbled up the Focus Hand-wheel 2 design where it is too loose to attach to the handle and make electrical contact too.

Fwiw, short sticks gives way to imprecise flying. Any RC plane flier knows that and why they extend their RC sticks up and even add on taller tips.

Fwiw, short sticks gives way to imprecise flying. Any RC plane flier knows that and why they extend their RC sticks up and even add on taller tips.

Bit of a gross over-simplification there... :)

You might just as well say 'Everyone knows that pinch is better than thumbs' ...

Longer sticks give a mechanical advantage to smaller movements and a penalty to larger movements, but you have to get down to very short sticks before they cause 'way to imprecise flying'.

If you like long sticks as a personal preference they yes, this mount is going to be a problem, especially if you like long sticks and thumbs...

Longer sticks and pinch isn't so much of an issue though.

Reactions: cvanhoose
It is - how many competition 3D helipilots do you see using thumbs? :p

Apparently more than you see :)

Tareq Alsaadi and Bert Kammerer for a newer and older opening bid...

It is an individual choice, you can't tell someone they are 'wrong' as long as it works for them...

Reactions: The Editor
I guess these were designed for people with extremely thin fingers . The very first time I used it was hitting my thumbs on the bracket even with the knobs adjusted all the way down as shown in second photo. If you adjust the knobs up as in photo 1 they practically hit the bracket with no room at all for your thumbs at all. For now have space the bracket up about 1/4 inch with a spacer and washers ( photo 3). At least my thumps don't hit now. Just think this was badly engineered. Dont know why they could have not made it higher to eliminate this problem. And I do not have fat fingers - lol
So how many washers did you finally have to put under the bracket to make it work? I am thinking of buying one do you recommend it? Also is there an alternative to using it for the crystal sky monitor or can you use the monitor without the bracket with a normal mounting bracket that comes with the Inspire remote?

Also is there an alternative to using it for the crystal sky monitor or can you use the monitor without the bracket with a normal mounting bracket that comes with the Inspire remote?

The battery does not fit flush with the back of the CS so no, you can't use the standard mounting bracket on the remote.

I'm using the 5.5 Crystalsky display and never had an issue with my fingers. I'm using both ways to work with the sticks and was surprised after saw this thread. I've tried to see myself what's the problem and why I didn't noticed that problem while I was using my thumbs. I surprisingly found that the op is right. But to be honest my fingers tuch the bracket only at the most extended inner diagonal. I understand that everyone fingers are different but my point is that that on the left stick will make the inspire to climb at full throttle as well to yaw like windmill at the same time. On the right stick the inspire should fly at max speed toward his left and forward.
For shooting video at least the way I'm doing it I actually never had the need to put those sticks in those extreme positions. So for me it's not a problem with using thumbs with the new bracket.

You could very easily 3D print up a shim to resolve this if your having this specific issue, it’s not an issue on the Cendence but for the standard RC it’s something to be considered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irene