Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

D.R.E.N. Robotics

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with DREN Robotics The Eye? I am looking at adding a thermal to my Inspire 1 v2 and was about to purchase a Zenmuse XT 640 till I came across this setup, but I am having a hard time finding any feedback.

Wow, looks very interesting. Never saw this vendor before. Looks like they actually tapped into DJI gimbal and the goapp. On surface, looks like a cool alternative, but quick price check. (And I have to be fair to DREN is I have not seen this product actually tested yet) but....... the gimbal is about $3,200 and a Flir Vue Pro 640 is about $3,500. That's about the same price as the XT 640 performance at 30 Htz. Don't see the big value??

The response I received from the company:

"Unfortunately the gimbal has been delayed for the immediate future. We may release it sometime this year but have no time frame for it."

• Wow
Reactions: MedicFL1
Wow, looks very interesting. Never saw this vendor before. Looks like they actually tapped into DJI gimbal and the goapp. On surface, looks like a cool alternative, but quick price check. (And I have to be fair to DREN is I have not seen this product actually tested yet) but....... the gimbal is about $3,200 and a Flir Vue Pro 640 is about $3,500. That's about the same price as the XT 640 performance at 30 Htz. Don't see the big value??

I would like the ability to remove the VUE and mount it to a vehicle pan/ tilt. But for now the hunt continues for a Zenmuse XT 640.

I went to the DREN website and it listed the price as $1899.00. That and the FLIR VUE PRO 640 13 mm 30 hz is $2349.00 not a bad deal if it’s any good and actually works??

The DrenRobotics gimbal was supposed to have been shipped to them in May this year but I think they have issues which need addressing before this sees the light of day sadly, and when I asked them about it working with the radiometric version, the Vue Pro R, it looks like this may be an issue

• Sad
I went to the DREN website and it listed the price as $1899.00. That and the FLIR VUE PRO 640 13 mm 30 hz is $2349.00 not a bad deal if it’s any good and actually works??
Flir Vue Pro R 640x512 13mm 30Hz is $4,850.00
Dren EYE Gimbal was reported to be $1,899.00 or $6,749 ... The XT -R is overpriced by far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44