Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dead battery

...... I don't think there would be any indication you even went in.. I was careful.
Careful with that one as you are disconnecting a feed to the logic board. This may affect the battery charge count history or alter the contents of the ROM in some way that DJI can pick up on should they read into the batteries history.
However.... if it solves and fixes the problem..... who cares :p

Actually just fixed mine also, removed the top and unplugged then replugged the obvious connector and voila I have lights. And it is reporting the same charge as before and is currently charging. I DID NOT leave mine for 1.5 hours, I only left mine unplugged for about 45 seconds and this fixed mine.

For anybody who is doing this, its not just latches in back and the front, it's all around the top

Not sure if it's a good idea to do update after it's fixed, if i understand correctly this issue is as a result of firmware update

Not sure if it's a good idea to do update after it's fixed, if i understand correctly this issue is as a result of firmware update
You don't have the choice. You will get a battery warning on your app saying that the battery needs to be upgraded.

Just followed the tip up top and it worked perfectly. This is a new TB48 battery from my dealer, never been opened.
Here's what I did:
Opened top of battery. Gently pry front and back areas where there are "clips". Used wooden skewers to loosen the plug (it's obvious). Just pull straight out, not up. Let it sit, disconnected for 1.5 hours, plugged it back in and boom - bright lights. Hooked it up to the charger. Charged in full. Put into the bird. Pushed battery button to start up, said needed to update battery. Got bin file, started only Inspire 1. Battery upgraded flawlessly. Warning came on saying battery was not fully charged and to charge it (77%). Charged it up (only took about 20 minutes), put back in inspire, powered everything up this time and 100% all around.
I am still going to take it easy and cycle the battery a few times before I call it a complete fix.
Good man!
Thread saved just incase!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I unplugged it and pluged it back in, everything was working fine. Flew it once yesterday and this morning dead again

I had something, that might be FW related, weird happen with a battery yesterday. I have three batteries that have the same number of flights on them and this was the second battery in my flight that day.

I powered up the inspire and was going through my preflight checks where I check the battery and it showed normal, but when I went to the history page of the battery it was showing 8 different warnings of low voltage current, short circuit errors etc.

I shut down the battery, the remote and the app, shut off the iPad air 2. Fired everything back up and the errors were still there.

Now this battery is a TB47 that i'm conditioning in that has never showed a problem in the history before.

The current history was showing normal so I decided to hover the inspire for a couple of mins at about 2 m since I was trying different camera settings. Had no issue with the flight. Landed and shut down the battery. Shut everything down and left battery off for a couple of hours. I plugged in the 3 rd battery and had no errors or issues with its flight.

When I fired everything back up to see if errors were still there (battery at 77%) and went through the history of the battery it was all back to normal and all the previous errors were gone. Flew another condition flight and everything was good. Recharged the battery and still good.

Purchased a bad new TB48 that would only peak at 5200mah and dropped to below 5100mah after only 8 charges. So after a long back and forth, they sent me a replacement. Then I get the new battery with a post-it attached saying "tested and firmware update" and find I have a bad cell on the new battery! I contact DJI for replacement again and after going back and forth, calling tech support, they tell me to send it back. That was WEEKS ago and I'm still waiting. Last email from them said it's on the work bench for repairs. WTH is that? Talk about a cookie cutter response, they plan on taking the lipo apart and repairing it? Worse yet, they didn't even send me a shipping label to return the battery and I had to pay for returning a dead cell battery THEY shipped to me? Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 12.39.14 PM.png

I have taken the top off the battery left it off overnight, today plugged it back in and was getting a single green light flashing kept it plugged in for an hour and came back to is same thing so I disconnected and reconnect and this is what I'm getting now. On and off the charger. HELP

I have taken the top off the battery left it off overnight, today plugged it back in and was getting a single green light flashing kept it plugged in for an hour and came back to is same thing so I disconnected and reconnect and this is what I'm getting now. On and off the charger. HELP

Did you get it fixed by any chance?

I accidently touched the battery switch (all the battery lights came on) as I inserted the battery into the airframe. Now the battery is dead and will not charge. Would the above solve the issue ?

I had the same problem, DJI support are replacing my battery under warranty via my local dealer.

One of my TB47 battery's has died as well. I had recycled it last week and fully recharged it. I went for a flight with that battery and landed with about 30% in the battery. Today I went to update the battery with firmware 1.2.1.06 but the battery was dead flat.
If I send it back under warrantee will I get a replacement battery, or will they just do the above trick?

This is good info! Mine came yesterday in the mail. I hooked it up for charging and said it was too cold???? Waited and now no lights, fully dead. I have no issue going in to perform this fix. Interesting how its the same solution for a lot of electronic gear! Will follow up after the surgery is completed!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide