Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dead TB47

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I’ve tried everything to bring my TB47 back to life. My background is electronics so I’ve tried charging via the internal battery contacts, taken the balance lead off for various times. When I switch the battery on I get one led and checking the output terminals I get 22.6v. When on the charger the one led blinks and that’s it

I’ve seen numerous posts about this and also the Phantom batteries exhibited the same issue. Any help would be good. The only other thing I’ve not tried is making a balance cable adapter and trying it on my skyrc B6 V2?

Jim

Are all the cells about the same voltage?

If it discharged too low, the battery management IC has likely gone into PF (perminant fail) condition.

Others with phantom batteries have used the SCL SDA communication bus to reconfigure the battery IC and clear the flag. It depends on the IC used. Perhaps consider be2works.com but it is not cheap or guaranteed for these batteries yet.

Not sure yet, find the BMS chip on the PC and email them to ask if that chip has been reset in the past.

If not, I think they will need to guide you through dumping the original chip firmware for them to analyze.

I was in discussions with them about Mavic batteries.

When I switch the battery on I get one led and checking the output terminals I get 22.6v. When on the charger the one led blinks and that’s it.

Not sure if you’ve tried switching the battery on & then connecting the battery to charger in order to charge the cells. This trick has worked for me in the past. YMMV. Best of luck

Cycles are only 23 but the cells are all over the place in the app
In this case, I would say manually balance all cells to the same level. I would choose 3.8V. If you cannot reach each cell pack then the balance lead is a good bet. If it Powers on then this may be all you need to do. Not sure how long it will last.

In this case, I would say manually balance all cells to the same level. I would choose 3.8V. If you cannot reach each cell pack then the balance lead is a good bet. If it Powers on then this may be all you need to do. Not sure how long it will last.
I tried this with an old Phantom 2 battery, it made no difference, it would just charge for about 3 mins then shut off,

I tried this with an old Phantom 2 battery, it made no difference, it would just charge for about 3 mins then shut off,
But.. Could you power it on and see the battery details in DJI go? If not then the BMs chip is/was in a 'perminant fail' condition (for safety) and would not permit use or charging unless it's is reset.

........Phantom 2. i dont have any way of seeing it in an app

I would try putting it on a lipo charger in manual mode and see if its taking on amps. you have to have the volts higher on the charger to put amps in the battery If its not taking on amps its maybe bad .You could also bypass the smart charger on the battery and hook to the battery direct(take the battery top off).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters