[DELETED]

Reaction score
[DELETED]

I'm pretty new to the forum and thought it would be a place I could find help and support. Thanks to those who were trying to help, but about half the comments here are people casting stones or mocking the way we fly. Very juvenile and I've got better things to do. I will deal with DJI directly on this matter and I probably wont be back to inspirepilots.com.

Attachments

• IMG_5276.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5284.PNG
    5.5 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5305.PNG
    7 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
I will not comment on this and leave it to the rest of the community.
My only observation - this appears to be your second crash that you couldn't explain......
Crashed, not sure why..

Hi Michael, sorry to hear about your loss.
The biggest clue/culprit here from your story is your battery, you mentioned you got battery warning at 40 and 50% on previous flights..
That's tells me that the voltage of your battery is fluctuating more what it should under load/stress while flighting the wind. It would be pulling current out of the battery more than usual, the voltage probably dropped too low and cause your craft to shutdown.. Which shouldnt happen on a good battery pack, so my guess is that battery pack was bad.. Old/bad lipo batteries do that.
Did the battery come with drone or you bought a couple of extras?
Not sure about warranty, call your supplier, if you can proof from your log that it was a bad battery or other hardware fault, they should cover it and give you a replacement through DJI.

That would be my guess.. Jack

Reactions: The Editor

Thanks Jack.

The battery that did RTH at 40% and the battery that did a RTH at 50% were different batteries. Is it possible we have multiple bad batteries when they were all only a month old with only 14 charges?

That sounds really unfortunate, you really should have those betteries checked out by your supplier of properly test them before you keep flying with them again.. But it is all too late now...

You bought it from DII direct or from a DJI supplier?

Thanks Jack.

The battery that did RTH at 40% and the battery that did a RTH at 50% were different batteries. Is it possible we have multiple bad batteries when they were all only a month old with only 14 charges?
tyat

It dropped from 1500ft ??????????????? Altitude?

Sorry for your loss M.

What firmware was it on? Some firmware updates require your batteries to be recalibrated by charging fully and then drained to lowest cell at 3.3v, then recharged to full then discharged to 50% if not immediately being used.

Were the 3 flights you mentioned all on 100% charged batteries? Had they started their auto discharge process after x days whatever it is set to in the GO app?

It definitely sounds like either battery hardware failure or battery maintainace failure.

Can you answer a few things

What FW version ?
What battery TB47 or TB48
Battery Capacity at take off?
Time between charge and flight ? (So how long had the pack been standing after charging )

Could you post the log files on a drop box link.

I do have some concerns with the X5 and TB47 TBH and can only suggest flying with the TB48 with that camera

Not sure of the exact FW version. Whatever was most up to date 40 days ago is when we updated. We were flying the drone with the TB48. It had been charged the night before, taken off the charger in the morning and flown that afternoon.

Capacity at take off was 100%.

Im on the move so I will look at posting the log file tonight with a link.

Flying at 1800 ft and a distance of 2182 ft definitely BVLOS. No sympathy here.

Is this your first time on the internet where men are boys and there are no women? Gotta thicken that skin up, Rev. You were on your way to some helpful advice, so what if you had to step over a few self righteous Sally's and Internet Barney Fifes to do so. There's no Internet forum worth posting to that's not rife with them.

"mocking the way [you] fly"? Gimme a break. You knew **** well it was illegal, and you even went so far as to seek clarification in your first post to this site.

Juvenile? Is it juvenile to want people to fly in a lawful way so that UAV flying for business or pleasure remains an option for us all? Personally, I think the way you are flying is juvenile.

Reactions: Haakon