Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Delivered just now

I just received my i1 and will be setting it up this evening and hopefully maiden tomorrow!!

Congrats and enjoy. I know for myself the most indispensable thing I had during my maiden was the Pre-Flight checklist. I would have missed a couple of critical things, like compass calibration (since this was a new site and not my back-yard) and confirming IMU values are good. My i1 is a blast to fly and as the flight experience increases my pre-flight time decreases. For my maiden flight I must have been unpacking / checking things for maybe an hour before I armed the motors..but that's just me :)

Rather curious to see how setup goes as I am in a no-fly zone next to an airport. Will it even let me arm the motors here?

Congrats and enjoy. I know for myself the most indispensable thing I had during my maiden was the Pre-Flight checklist. I would have missed a couple of critical things, like compass calibration (since this was a new site and not my back-yard) and confirming IMU values are good. My i1 is a blast to fly and as the flight experience increases my pre-flight time decreases. For my maiden flight I must have been unpacking / checking things for maybe an hour before I armed the motors..but that's just me :)
I also have a checklist that I use on my Turbo ace Matrix but a few things will need to be added! I setup my son-in-laws i1 last week and was so impressed I ordered one! :)

As I suspected it won't let me spin up the motors as I'm in a no fly zone. Well I think it's ready to go. I did the imu calibration and compass calibration and it all looks good. Set my failsafe return altitude. Did the stick calibration. Now when I go to where I fly I will recalibrate the compass and check the readouts when done with that and if all looks good I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Thanks for congrats!

Reactions: sirnikolas
What was the letter on the side of the delivery box? is it D version, C or B? Did you order directly from DJI?

What was the letter on the side of the delivery box? is it D version, C or B? Did you order directly from DJI?
Mine has "Inspire - DC" on the sticker on the box....

What's the significance of the letters?
Are these just different hardware releases?

Cheers

Awesome..... That would be some impressive TX range!
Sorry...couldn't resist!

Version 'A' was the first release of the Inspire
Version 'B' changed the weave of the carbon fiber to a different pattern.
Version 'C' added quick release props as standard.
Version 'D' altered the landing gear mechanics slightly to a two part aluminium design instead of four part.

I would guess, as you appear to have a D/C version you have both the QR props AND the newer style landing gear pivot system.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: LockMD
No worries. :)

I do not have QR props.... That doesn't bother me as I think I prefer the securely attached ones. I guess it doesn't effect much.... I was just curious and guessed it was just release versions.
Good info tho. As usual. :)

can someone post their checklist? Also, please post appropriate IMU values. I don't know where to find these.

Made by another member, but I love it. Print/laminate it. :)

Attachments

• INSPIRE 1 Checklist by Mark Candlin V1.1.pdf
    357.1 KB · Views: 37

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop