Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Disabling the No Fly Zone protection

push button 2-3 times for over .. also you can ask coptersafe for new firmware .
Andrew - please make a video of this whole process - I am sure there are many people who are extremely interested in this. This subject has been around for a while....

push button 2-3 times for over .. also you can ask coptersafe for new firmware .
And that is exactly why the mod is dangerous - moving or vibrating the aircraft whilst the IMU/accelerometers and gyro are going through their initialisation is asking for trouble!

I will pass thank you.

Please elaborate....
My understanding is (from the information available on their website) that in order to activate the NFZ off-set you must press the button on the Coptermod board either 1, 2 or three times (depending on how far you want to off set the true GPS coordinates.

These button presses must be done within six seconds of applying power to the aircraft.
This is EXACTLY the same period that the IMU (gyros and accellerometers) are initialising and taking their baseline readings. During this critical phase any disturbance to the MEMS Gyro unit could result in a poorly calibrated aircraft and unpredictable flight performance.

This could never be used for any commercial operation since both the aviation authority and/or insurers would never saction/advocate spoofing GPS data being fed to the flight controller.

Fully agreed. If you had an accident and it was later found that you had intentionally tampered with the navigation system....

Also - if for any reason this mod failed, the drone would go into automatic landing...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa