Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Discontinued batteries for I1 - what now?

Hi guys, I wrote directly to DJI, they shipped me two brand new TB47s from China within 10 days, great result.
Good to hear you got some TB47 batteries, did they have any TB48 available.

Can you share the price per battery?
New is available, although at a significant price increase.

Apologies I didn't ask about TB48s but the TB47s are $269 each including delivery to Brisbane Australia.

Hello all,

I've been away from flying for over a year (due to a family illness). Now that I'm back, I'm reading and seeing absurd prices on a few, scarce TB47 and TB48 batteries.

Is there anyone available to rebuild these with new cells? Does DJI rebuild and renew them? Is there any other fix to keep my fleet of 2 I1's airborne?

Absent of that, is the entire (awesome) Inspire 1 platform doomed to a slow, prolonged death?

Thank you for any and all input.

Tim
You can still get them, but you will pay...

Reactions: _juju_
Cant, we get the batteries for the Matrice, pop the top off and desolder it, and then solder the I1 battery top on it?

Attachments

• s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 12
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 11
Cant, we get the batteries for the Matrice, pop the top off and desolder it, and then solder the I1 battery top on it?
Yep, you sure can... Top & IC board is only difference.
Easy on the temp probe & IC board when desoldering & soldering.
To my observations, haven’t seen the TB48S being any lower cost... easier to find though.

Reactions: G-unit
Yep, you sure can... Top & IC board is only difference.
Easy on the temp probe & IC board when desoldering & soldering.
To my observations, haven’t seen the TB48S being any lower cost... easier to find though.
I was going to get some GOOD used ones to test it out, you can find them for a good price. compared too i1. I have two bad i1 batteries that i took apart already so should be an easy swap for me..

Attachments

• 20200912_144210.jpg
    20200912_144210.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
Yep, ya got it. I had forgotten the temp probe was connection... thought it was soldered too.
Looks great!

I have M600Pro too, so have multiple sets of each. I haven’t found many good deals on the 47/48S version either. Actually found more good buys on the I1 47/48.... but admittedly that was a few years ago too.

When you get resoldered up, let us know how it reads the cells... some of the OEM IC boards are pretty thin to prevent much repair work. You went the right way and took leads off cell side for temps. I’ve entertained mid-point to avoid the LiPo gel too for heat.

Good Luck!

Yep, ya got it. I had forgotten the temp probe was connection... thought it was soldered too.
Looks great!

I have M600Pro too, so have multiple sets of each. I haven’t found many good deals on the 47/48S version either. Actually found more good buys on the I1 47/48.... but admittedly that was a few years ago too.

When you get resoldered up, let us know how it reads the cells... some of the OEM IC boards are pretty thin to prevent much repair work. You went the right way and took leads off cell side for temps. I’ve entertained mid-point to avoid the LiPo gel too for heat.

Good Luck!
I will post what I find out. Thx

Saw this the other day in FB. I know this is an old post, but might help someone:

Saw this the other day in FB. I know this is an old post, but might help someone:
Already covered here....(post #18 & 21). HeliEngadin is a member on here.

I was going to get some GOOD used ones to test it out, you can find them for a good price. compared too i1. I have two bad i1 batteries that i took apart already so should be an easy swap for me..
good luck, caz the minute you disconnect the cells, the tb will go into PF and you need right tools to reset

Maybe for some but this one works just fine for me, Just like I posted on your Youtube video.

Attachments

• IMG_0272.PNG
    IMG_0272.PNG
    3.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
NO, I didn't do a video and NO I don't plan on doing one, as stated on your YT video, just swap the two data wires"SDA/SCL". When I did this and then put the battery in the inspire, I got the message "Need to update battery Firmware" I did that and the battery worked. This has worked with the battery in the above pic. You can believe me are not, that is up to you, I can only lead you to the water, I can't make you drink it. Happy Flying!!

Reactions: niki
ok just one Question ??? did you use battery packs and bms from TB47S (and swap data wires, or head and bms from old I1 tb47???

ok just one Question ??? did you use battery packs and bms from TB47S (and swap data wires, or head and bms from old I1 tb47???
Cruzroy, the idea is to transplant ONLY the soldered pack, nothing else. Electronics from TB47/48S are different and useless. Please note that disconnecting the original circuitry from old pack DOES NOT necessarily put them into the state of non-reversible numbness. What might do just that, however, is the discharge below specific voltage level. This may render a totally dead, unrecoverable system. For this reason I modified alive batteries only, unplugging balance harness first and unsoldering main wires next. Worked fine, twice already.

NO, I didn't do a video and NO I don't plan on doing one, as stated on your YT video, just swap the two data wires"SDA/SCL". When I did this and then put the battery in the inspire, I got the message "Need to update battery Firmware" I did that and the battery worked. This has worked with the battery in the above pic. You can believe me are not, that is up to you, I can only lead you to the water, I can't make you drink it. Happy Flying!!
Actually, I just received a TB48S and no it does NOT work as you stated.

I swapped the wires and proceeded to charge the battery. Once charged I put it in the Inspire 1.

I get a "center board unable to communicate with battery" error.

In looking at the boards they are using a totally different protocol to communicate with the M600. The smart boards have a different design between the TB48S and the TB48 for the Inspire 1.

So, I can verify that you CANNOT get a TB48S battery to work in an Inspire 1 by swapping two wires.

Now, does that mean the entire cell pack could be swapped and reuse the one for the Inspire 1, maybe. But that is far from the "change two wires around" that was stated.

Actually, I just received a TB48S and no it does NOT work as you stated.

I swapped the wires and proceeded to charge the battery. Once charged I put it in the Inspire 1.

I get a "center board unable to communicate with battery" error.

In looking at the boards they are using a totally different protocol to communicate with the M600. The smart boards have a different design between the TB48S and the TB48 for the Inspire 1.

So, I can verify that you CANNOT get a TB48S battery to work in an Inspire 1 by swapping two wires.

Now, does that mean the entire cell pack could be swapped and reuse the one for the Inspire 1, maybe. But that is far from the "change two wires around" that was stated
Yes, you're right: the "smart" board for TB48S is different and will NOT cooperate with Inspire 1. The polarization of data wires (red and yellow) are NOT the only difference between Inspire 1 and M600 batteries. The best, least confusing way is to transplant only the battery pack with the housing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84