Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Announces v1.4.0.70 for Inspire 1 Pro

... I'm getting a fair amount of noise shooting at iso400 and above on all settings, not even that dark where I am shooting. Unfortunately can't do any real world tests due to rain but the image does appear to be overall noisier. Especially in 'none' mode at iso400. I am in a well lit room and getting bad noise in slightly darker areas of the room.
D-log and D-cinelike sharpness issues appear to have been addressed. Just as sharp as 'none' now. Can't comment on gimbal flight characteristics.

EDIT: Just tested the new settings on my Osmo (dunno why I didn't think of that before!). I can confirm iso400 is nearly unusable due to extreme noise in the footage. Only advantage I can see at this point is that d-log and cinelike are perfectly sharp now. If you are deciding on whether or not to do the update, if you shoot mainly outside during the day then go for it. If you do a lot of night-time stuff or indoors your footage will look worse now.
That's my opinion, looking forward to seeing others results.

Last edited:
So far your the only one who has had anything positive to say about the update? Is that you franks wang?
What are you talking about?
I've noticed some noise in shadows - otherwise it's a much sharper picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well looks like before I update I give it my 168hrs soak time I am mandated to as outlined in my Ops Manual in appendix 1million and six regarding DJI Firmware updates whilst monitoring this forum!!!

Look forward to see how it all pans out.

When will it be an almost universal "Ive updated no problem"

Maybe DJI are to busy to concentrate on firmware updates whilst developing new products!

Reactions: gruvpix
First image is a screen grab at iso400. Yea it's more than a little noisey...
Second image is a screen grab at iso100 outside in d-cinelike. Very nice image now, nice and sharp.
60p setting also has a better, less video-ey look to it. Looking forward to testing that outside with some action stuff.
Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 3.41.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 3.42.53 PM.png

Reactions: unyks and SanCap
So, here's my initial impressions based on walking around with my X5 on the Osmo.

The ISO flickering appears to be gone as far as I can tell. Even under the worst conditions. Win!

Overall noise is up. I don't know if it is related to the loss of the flickering. It can be tamed somewhat by reducing the sharpness.

The overall sharpness is up quite a bit higher. This might account for the perceived noise.

60p now works on the Osmo and looks fine.

Manual color temperature is now close to useable. Colors are still odd, but I don't think its the color temperature anymore. The pre encoded color temps like tungsten are still just plain wrong.

I've updated and taken it out for a flight. Had no issues at all and cannot see that anything has changed or been implemented regarding Geofencing. It's a cloudy day here and flew in manual mode with ISO 100 and shutter speed of 50 and 24fps. Shoot in DLog 1080p. No noticeable noise but will be able to tell better once uploaded to the computer. Sharpness certainly seemed to of improved, kept settings at 0 0 0 across the board.

Relieved to hear the d-log sharpness is back on point!
I'll be testing out the firmware update later. I'll try get some before and after shots with regards to the ISO noise

Relieved to hear the d-log sharpness is back on point!
I'll be testing out the firmware update later. I'll try get some before and after shots with regards to the ISO noise
Ok, i'm an idiot... I got the before shots, but before doing the updated, I formatted the SD card without copying over the test shots... *face palm*
I can confirm what the other chaps have said though, the sharpness in D-Log and D-Cinelike is perfect now, the same sharpness as with 'none'.
Also noise does seem to have increased when shooting D-Log when in low light conditions (did a test shot indoors). However it does not seem to have affected the noise when shooting in the 'none' colour profile.

Reactions: dronie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu