Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Care on I2 & X5S

Reaction score
OK, DJI is officially driving me completely crazy now. Two weeks after getting our I2 it went down in a "toilet bowl of death" crash due to compass abnormalities. It was a sad day but not terrible as I had wisely purchased DJI Care on both the I2 and the X5S (both were totalled in the crash but no damage to people or property thankfully). We got the RMA from DJI, 2 in fact and I sent everything back in the I2 case with our case numbers attached and emailed in as well. Unfortunately we were so busy I immediately had to buy a second I2 to take up the slack as I knew it would take time to get the first one back. A month and a half later the replacement arrived (brand new I2) but NO CAMERA! When I contact support they claim that they never received the camera. It was all in the same box and now it is my word against theirs. I think the problem was that I sent it all back together in ONE BOX when I should have sent two (2 RMAs, 2 boxes - duh). However, it doesn't take a genius to open the box and see what is in there. Sure, it was all in pretty small pieces but one of the groupings of expensive junk pieces was most certainly the X5S.

Lessons learned: 1) send as many boxes and you have case numbers and RMAs. 2) Take photo evidence of anything you send back just prior to sealing the box. Not sure what is going to happen now. Anyone have any contacts with the returns dept. at DJI?

TC

Attachments

• IMG_5844.JPG
    IMG_5844.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 32
I feel your pain. DJI service is THE WORST! I had to send a buzzing radio back and it took over 3 weeks (I also have DJI Care). This is a minor complaint compared to yours, but I returned the radio in the original packaging (pretty nice box with custom padding) and got it back wrapped in bubble wrap in a crappy cardboard box. I live in LA less than an hour from the repair center and even know a few DJI employees from another office and could not get a status update to save my life. I may as well have sent it to China. I swear I would switch from DJI in a heartbeat if another company had competitive products but DJI stands so far above the competition. I'm really tempted to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my DJI Care refunded.

I purchased my gear directly from DJI. Moving forward, if a retailer were able to provide their own service I'd happily pay extra to go that route rather than take my chances with DJI direct again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy