Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Care Refresh for Inspire 2 or X5S

What are you using the drone for?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
I'm experienced Phantom 1 - Phantom 3 pilot. Using for films, commercials, stock footage, travel and weddings.
I had few crashes with my phantoms, but I repaired them by myself including motors changing, main board updates, shell replacement and etc. I'm a little scared about flying $5k one

Is anyone have experience with DJI Care Refresh?
Is it worth purchasing for Inspire 2 or/and X5S?

If you do the math it is going to cost you $850 dollars for the first time replacement of your I2 if it is destroyed. And only if it is retrievable. If it is stolen or crashes into deep water or lost in the woods, the DJI Care Refresh is useless. The costs break down to $300 for the I2, $190 for the X5S plus $210 for the I2 deductible and $150 for the X5S deductible. You can probably get full hull insurance for less than that tacked onto you liability premium which will cover loss and theft even if it is unretrievable assuming you plan on buying liability insurance.

There are no hidden charges for the replacement service. After you purchase DJI Care Refresh, you will receive prioritized service. Each time the replacement service is requested, subject to your purchase region.

In NA region (US & Canada):
For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro), the first time replacement fee is $79, the second time replacement fee is $129.
For DJI Care Refresh (Inspire 2), the first time replacement fee is $209, the second time replacement fee is $329.
For DJI Care Refresh (X4S), the first time replacement fee is $49, the second time replacement fee is $69.
For DJI Care Refresh (X5S), the first time replacement fee is $149, the second time replacement fee is $219.
For DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Pro), the first time replacement fee is $99, the second time replacement fee is $149.

Reactions: Papasam
Call your local State Farm if you only need insurance for hobby, and do not live in California.

Full coverage is $63 per year with a $100 deductible. (I was quoted $83, but got a check back for 20 bucks)

depends where you live. I'm here in china and there is only one place to buy and thats DJI... As I2 is new and lots of teething problems and insurance is not that common in China so it was the only logical route for me. Not needed it so far, but when i had the RED prop issue i called the special help line for policy holders and was given quick turn round of new props within 48 hours.

depends where you live. I'm here in china and there is only one place to buy and thats DJI... As I2 is new and lots of teething problems and insurance is not that common in China so it was the only logical route for me. Not needed it so far, but when i had the RED prop issue i called the special help line for policy holders and was given quick turn round of new props within 48 hours.

Dr. Jon, have you looked into any other options for insurance in China, especially on the liability side? Just curious.

Call your local State Farm if you only need insurance for hobby, and do not live in California.

Full coverage is $63 per year with a $100 deductible. (I was quoted $83, but got a check back for 20 bucks)
+1...for $120 annually, State Farm Covers my I2 w/X5S & Mavic

Dr. Jon, have you looked into any other options for insurance in China, especially on the liability side? Just curious.
China is not very big on insurance. In fact 75% of all cars here have none and 90% of motor bikes don't either. Home insurance is almost zero. As for liability i did talk to an insurance broker who couldn't even get her head around the concept. Most cases like causing say death buy drunk driving all the happens is some "blood" money is given depending on the "worth" of the person who died. So a simple farmer would be given about $1,000.

If you do the math it is going to cost you $850 dollars for the first time replacement of your I2 if it is destroyed. And only if it is retrievable. If it is stolen or crashes into deep water or lost in the woods, the DJI Care Refresh is useless. The costs break down to $300 for the I2, $190 for the X5S plus $210 for the I2 deductible and $150 for the X5S deductible. You can probably get full hull insurance for less than that tacked onto you liability premium which will cover loss and theft even if it is unretrievable assuming you plan on buying liability insurance.

There are no hidden charges for the replacement service. After you purchase DJI Care Refresh, you will receive prioritized service. Each time the replacement service is requested, subject to your purchase region.

In NA region (US & Canada):
For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro), the first time replacement fee is $79, the second time replacement fee is $129.
For DJI Care Refresh (Inspire 2), the first time replacement fee is $209, the second time replacement fee is $329.
For DJI Care Refresh (X4S), the first time replacement fee is $49, the second time replacement fee is $69.
For DJI Care Refresh (X5S), the first time replacement fee is $149, the second time replacement fee is $219.
For DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Pro), the first time replacement fee is $99, the second time replacement fee is $149.

I've experienced the DJI Refresh on an inspire 2 and I'm hear to tell you my Hull insurance is much better. No need to wait 4 weeks and only get a partial solution from DJI. Global Aerospace had a check out to cover my additional loss in 7 days.

Reactions: SanCap
I've experienced the DJI Refresh on an inspire 2 and I'm hear to tell you my Hull insurance is much better. No need to wait 4 weeks and only get a partial solution from DJI. Global Aerospace had a check out to cover my additional loss in 7 days.

I have the same insurance and feel good having it, loss, ignorance, theft , it is all covered.

If you are doing on a commercial level, do your self a favor and pay the money for the proper liability insurance otherwise you are just opening yourself up for major issues. If you have had crashes with your phantom as you put a few times, then I would also evaluate your flying skills, this is a different animal. Bigger stronger faster, and they may all fly the same but make sure you hone in skill, if not this could be on of cost may not recover easily from.

My insurance is $1150 a year but if I crash and total my Inspire 2 it will only cost me $300 to replace the whole thing, including camera. You can never be to safe, and practicing in an open field orientation skills using GPS on and off are extremely valuable, more key then you know.

I'm in the process of insurance shopping at the moment, and had a question: how are the Prores/CinemaDNG licenses handled in the event of a crash that destroys the I2 body or if the I2 body is lost, stolen or irretrievable (falls into a lake?). Can you transfer your license to a new replacement body, or do you need to purchase them anew? (in which case I'll add their cost to the insurance).
Double post deleted (please do not double post).
I have already answered your thread you started on exactly the same subject.
Prores/CinemaDNG License in the event of crash/loss/theft

Transport Risk Management. They underwrite for a few different companies but at the end of day my policy is one they are part of. It cost about $870 for liability, and then a few hundred for the hull. Its a drone specific commercial liability.

Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi