Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI CineSSD field backup

Reaction score
For my Inspire 2 I have 2 pieces DJI CineSSD (2 x 240 GB), because they are too expensive, I plan to buy some kind of hard drive, for which I can transfer my recordings when I'm in the field.

Is there anyone who knows what's up for that? I thought my My Passport Wireeless Pro could handle the job, but unfortunately it can not.

The Passport Wireless Pro will do it, but it isn't fast.

You are going to need something with USB3 and a fast SSD, which as far as I know means a notebook of some kind.

I'm not aware of anything smaller and moe portable than that, but happy to hear other solutions if anyone has one...

Yes, it works.

Still too slow to call it useful, but it does work.

It would take around 2-3 hours to offload a full 240GB SSD to the Wireless Pro where it would only take around 15-20 mins to do the same with a USB3 connection to a decent SSD.

having been on the IBC this year there is a company G something (can't remember but the big G) they have a small 2TB SSD in a rugged little case. a competitor i know got himself a 2TB ssd for that reason.
the G company has some nice storage solution also in portable versions. 4 and 8 bay NAS with thunderbolt 3 and helium HDD's... the 2 TB are around 700something USD like a normal naked SSD would be, probably a little 20-40 bucks more. definatley worth the price in my opinion.

For what it's worth...I found I had to turn off my Antivirus software as it was causing slow downloads (10 hours instead of 30 minutes). Also if you have only one USB3.0 Hub in your notebook that will make it slower. But as for "can it copy ProRez" the hardware is unaware of the file type, it'll just copy it (eventually)

But as for "can it copy ProRez" the hardware is unaware of the file type, it'll just copy it (eventually)

In the context of the Wireless Pro auto-copy function it was a fair question though as there have been problems in the past.

Yes... this is a bugga-boo. It is very difficult to get sustained real-time transfers with the high data-rate encodings. We run 5.2k RAW and sometimes can get a 190MBps transfer rate to our striped RAID array. At that speed it takes about 1/2 hour to transfer off a 480G CineSSD. But it takes only 15 minutes to fill it, so we have no choice but to have enough CineSSDs to last the length of the shoot.

Reactions: DamesNY
[QUOTE = "Eric Braun, post: 164218, medlem: 33975"] Ja ... dette er en bugga-boo. Det er meget svært at få vedvarende realtidsoverførsler med de høje datahastighedskodninger. Vi kører 5,2k RAW, og nogle gange kan vi få en 190Mbps overførselshastighed til vores stribede RAID array. Ved den hastighed tager det cirka 1/2 time at overføre en 480G CineSSD. Men det tager kun 15 minutter at fylde det, så vi har ikke andet valg end at have nok CineSSD'er til at holde længden på skyderen. [/ QUOTE]
OK

For my Inspire 2 I have 2 pieces DJI CineSSD (2 x 240 GB), because they are too expensive, I plan to buy some kind of hard drive, for which I can transfer my recordings when I'm in the field.

Is there anyone who knows what's up for that? I thought my My Passport Wireeless Pro could handle the job, but unfortunately it can not.

Copying that much data in the field is going to be impossible. Not only will it take too long, but I wouldn't trust that much data migrating without parity checks, which takes even MORE time.

Reactions: KohalaKeith
Yes... this is a bugga-boo. It is very difficult to get sustained real-time transfers with the high data-rate encodings. We run 5.2k RAW and sometimes can get a 190MBps transfer rate to our striped RAID array. At that speed it takes about 1/2 hour to transfer off a 480G CineSSD. But it takes only 15 minutes to fill it, so we have no choice but to have enough CineSSDs to last the length of the shoot.

Eric try this.

Samsung T5 Portable SSD - 2TB - USB 3.1 External SSD (MU-PA2T0B/AM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073H4GPLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_V1l0zbXB274K6

Reactions: Eric Braun
Copying that much data in the field is going to be impossible. Not only will it take too long, but I wouldn't trust that much data migrating without parity checks, which takes even MORE time.
USB transfer protocol has error correction and if more bits slip than it can correct it will give you an error. But it's so reliable we never see this. I would trust it in the field as much as at home. I use USB 3.0 to transfer all my footage. 18 minutes transfer time for 15 minutes of footage would be fine with me!

Reactions: marctronixx
USB transfer protocol has error correction and if more bits slip than it can correct it will give you an error. But it's so reliable we never see this. I would trust it in the field as much as at home. I use USB 3.0 to transfer all my footage. 18 minutes transfer time for 15 minutes of footage would be fine with me!

That hasn't been my experience. I have had several unplayable/unrescuable/unfixable video files transfer from drive to drive. This became so problematic for large copy operations > 200GB that I started using DataCenter drives. Unfortunately, it took over a year to discover some of the deprecated files. All files were copied over USB 3.0 ports to USB 3.0 drives.

Reactions: KohalaKeith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu