Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji Cinessd thunderbolt 3 version and Asus Zephyrus duo 15 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recognise that this will possibly be a very niche question, but here's hoping : Is there anyone who has purchased a Asus Zephyrus duo 15 Se and have had problems connecting a DJI Cinessd station (thunderbolt 3) to it? Annoyingly I know that laptop does not have thunderbolt 3(the previous version did so no idea why they removed it) but I understand that with normal thunderbolt 3 drives, if you connect it to a USB C port that is not thunderbolt comp2, it will still connect but you'll lose the speed advantages. My laptop detects it by the noise it makes, and I see it in the device manager, but I cannot see it in my usable drives list. Just want to know if I can use it in a pinch (even with the reduced transfer speed) while I'm out and about

I recognise that this will possibly be a very niche question, but here's hoping : Is there anyone who has purchased a Asus Zephyrus duo 15 Se and have had problems connecting a DJI Cinessd station (thunderbolt 3) to it? Annoyingly I know that laptop does not have thunderbolt 3(the previous version did so no idea why they removed it) but I understand that with normal thunderbolt 3 drives, if you connect it to a USB C port that is not thunderbolt comp2, it will still connect but you'll lose the speed advantages. My laptop detects it by the noise it makes, and I see it in the device manager, but I cannot see it in my usable drives list. Just want to know if I can use it in a pinch (even with the reduced transfer speed) while I'm out and about
My understanding is that thunderbolt 3 ports are compatible with USB-C accessories but thunderbolt 3 accessories are not compatible with USB-C ports at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin