Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Crystal Sky 7.85 - Performance Boost

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
Hello I recently tried this and it works well. Doesn't need root, only need to have Andorid Studio installed on your desktop computer and be sure that all paths and enviroments are set correctly for ADB to work.

The mod is very simple, connect the CS to computer by USB and then on the PC run cmd with admin rights and on the concole type:
c:\adb devices
this will show if the tablet is visible by the ADB tools

c:\adb shell
this will put you in a shell mode and in the shell type:

wm size 800x600
wm density 120
exit

That's all, mod is permanent and if you need to restore original settings just repeat the process but this time typing the original size and density (2048x1536@320dpi)
Happy flying.

Hello I recently tried this and it works well. Doesn't need root, only need to have Andorid Studio installed on your desktop computer and be sure that all paths and enviroments are set correctly for ADB to work.

The mod is very simple, connect the CS to computer by USB and then on the PC run cmd with admin rights and on the concole type:
c:\adb devices
this will show if the tablet is visible by the ADB tools

c:\adb shell
this will put you in a shell mode and in the shell type:

wm size 800x600
wm density 120
exit

That's all, mod is permanent and if you need to restore original settings just repeat the process but this time typing the original size and density (2048x1536@320dpi)
Happy flying.

So does the clarity of the images on the display suffer?

So does the clarity of the images on the display suffer?
Yes, simply because it's in lower resolution. So far my gimbal operator is fine with the lower resolution. There are not changed any other rendering settings that affect quality. Some benchmarks showed twice and more fps improvement.

My CrystalSky is so hideously unreliable it crashes at least 4-5 times on a typical days use.
This is something I should try.

Gents- If your dealing with the boring lag issue on Crystal Sky??…which happens a lot, 😉theres a quick easy fix I run.
Before every takeoff that quickly fixes this…👍🏼 basically stop the background apps running, 👌🏻

* you start drone/ controller, goes into DJI Go 4 as you would every fly.

*then.. Second button down on right outside edge of CSky screen gets you back to Home Screen.

*click settings( down near bottom of screen)

* click apps ( in second column on right)

* you will see all apps currently running on your crystal sky

* click the DJI firmware update search app

* click “stop “ when it prompts

* that’s it…😊

* exit out , click back into the DJI go 4 app and the lag vanishes. N your happy flying with no lag issues…💪🏻💪🏻

Seems the processor on the Crystal sky can’t handle many app open. ??

I spent many hours onset trying to problem solve this lag originally… before I found this quick n easy fix 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Your welcome.😊

Hey thanks for sharing this @niki

I am trying to do this, but I'm not familiar with programming Android stuff, and running into an issue. I installed Android Studio, and can open that up, but when I open a CMD prompt as Admin, and type c:\adb devices, it just says "c:\adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I don't know how I'm supposed to "be sure that all paths and enviroments are set correctly for ADB to work." as you specify. Can you elaborate there?

*Edit* Ok for those running into this same issue, I found a solution. I had to search my C: drive for "adb.exe", then go to the folder that was in, go to the top of the window and select File>Open Windows Powershell as Administrator. Then when I typed just the command "adb devices" it still gave me a not recognized error, but suggested I use ".\adb" command at the beginning "if you trust this command". So I did that and boom, it worked. THanks again for the info OP!

Last edited:
Gents- If your dealing with the boring lag issue on Crystal Sky??…which happens a lot, 😉theres a quick easy fix I run.
Before every takeoff that quickly fixes this…👍🏼 basically stop the background apps running, 👌🏻

* you start drone/ controller, goes into DJI Go 4 as you would every fly.

*then.. Second button down on right outside edge of CSky screen gets you back to Home Screen.

*click settings( down near bottom of screen)

* click apps ( in second column on right)

* you will see all apps currently running on your crystal sky

* click the DJI firmware update search app

* click “stop “ when it prompts

* that’s it…😊

* exit out , click back into the DJI go 4 app and the lag vanishes. N your happy flying with no lag issues…💪🏻💪🏻

Seems the processor on the Crystal sky can’t handle many app open. ??

I spent many hours onset trying to problem solve this lag originally… before I found this quick n easy fix 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Your welcome.😊
Doing this did help some, I didn't realize how many apps were being kept open even after powering off, but I still had about 1/2 to 1 second of delay on the video feed. Changing the resolution using that ADB hack helped a LOT!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela