Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go and No Master/Slave option for 2nd remote

Reaction score
Website
kdactionphoto.smugmug.com
Just received my Inspire 1 x5 dual remote pro package from Aerial Media Pros and the system is very nice! Kudos to DJI with the options we now have for camera control and mapping. MY PROBLEM now is there is no option to for us to select from the slave remote off the RC setiings map the master remote and link them together? What is going on? The versions are 1.4 on the inspire, 1.3 on the remote but I have read we no longer have the camera operator option? What are we doing wrong if not?

Please help on what might be the issue. I thought it might be the USB connection and a bad remote control. Need to see what we have here so we are not stuck with a bad remote and or a problem with the remote to remote interface...;)

Thankyou
Kevin and Dawn Cobello
K & D Action Photo and Aerial Imaging

I bought an Inspire 1 Pro with a single remote. I then took the second remote from my old rig and paired it as the second remote on my new rig.

I don't remember exactly what I did, but I think I went into the RC settings on the second remote, and requested permission.

But you can definitely use two remotes with the Inspire 1 Pro!

you need to plug a phone / tablet into second remote and pair it, using the option on it's display

If you only have one device, unplug it from the master and temporarily plug it into the slave to pair it and then switch your display device back into the master again

It simpler than the Inspire1 pairing, as you had to press the wee button on the Inspire 1 when pairing them, there is no need to do this now.

same issue with 2nd remote not allowing selection of Slave in menu in RC settings. stuck in OFF position ! MC is fine. help urgently needed :(

sound like one for DJI support

The second remote had the option available in the menu.

My version numbers are as follows:

My DJI Go app is v2.3.0
My Inspire1 Pro aircraft is v1.4.00.10+
My RC is V 1.3.00

have you tried it with the master switched off and then seeing if you can enable the slave mode when only the second remote is powered on ?

The answer lies in this paragraph which I remembered the best I could...

Ok
Aerial Media Pros saved the day for us. I got call back from Winston and JP who had a solution to the Master/Slave non connection issue I mentioned earlier in this thread. The USB connection was fine. They had another customer have the same problem and worked them through it. I will explain as best as I can what they walked me through. Start with the normal procedure with the master controller remote startup and your I1 startup. Fire up your slave remote. On the master controller leave the RC settings up and hit your home button twice on the Ipad to exit the program. Switch Monitors with each remote and call up the program. change the on the slave remote back to master Search for master on your slave remote and enter password. I got as close as much as I can remember what they had me do. The answer was the monitor switch with the master going to the slave and vice versa. Now the remotes and set as master and slave and if you have different monitors you can just switch them back. It works and now the wifey has full camera control and she is thoroughly excited....NOT
smile.gif
Thanks again to aerial media pros for the help!! Kevin and Dawn Cobello- K & D Action Photo and Aerial Imaging.

Thanks guys who posted here with kind words of help. I thought I would post the solution and kind words for Winston and JP at Aerial Media Pros..
icon-status-online.png

progress.gif

Reactions: Andy Gibb

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb