Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO App Android Lollipop consumes energy without running

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I mentioned this issue on the official thread but to no avail, maybe here it will atract more attention, I tried searching also.

Since installed the new DJI GO app on my motorola droid turbo and without even using the app, closed, there is a energy consumption (through the day) according to the Android battery status, you know, where is the battery graph and percentage usage.
Why is this happening? Any idea?

This woudnl't be an issue if I had a dedicated tablet, but is my primary phone, bummer.

Thanks

I noticed the same problem on my Nexus 7.

I solved it by disabling the "start this app when USB debugging is enabled, and you connect to this device" setting. I don't have access to my tablet now, so I can't tell you exactly where this is. But I think it is available when you connect the tablet to the remote.

Edit: This did not in fact solve it; see post #9 below for the real solution.

Last edited:

I solved it by disabling the "start this app when USB debugging is enabled, and you connect to this device" setting. I don't have access to my tablet now, so I can't tell you exactly where this is. But I think it is available when you connect the tablet to the remote.
Thanks! I will try later.

Hello again!!
When you have the time to access to your tablet can you point me out where is this option? In Android itself? In the app?
I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

It's in the Android Settings app. On my Nexus 6:
  • Settings
  • Developer Options
  • Debugging section
  • Select debug app: clear it so that it says "No debug application set".

It's in the Android Settings app. On my Nexus 6:
  • Settings
  • Developer Options
  • Debugging section
  • Select debug app: clear it so that it says "No debug application set".
Thank you InterMurph, I just checked out but is already without application set :(

Try this:
  • Fully charge your device's battery
  • Make sure that no USB debugging application is set.
  • Disconnect the device from the Inspire remote.
  • Power cycle the device
  • Leave it on and not charging for an hour
  • Look at the battery info to see if the DJI app is using any power
I can't imagine how the DJI app could be running in this scenario, so I definitely don't expect to see it in the list of power usage.

Then:
  • Connect your device to the DJI remote. Note whether the DJI app is started automatically or not.
  • If not, start the DJI app and get a video link.
  • Disconnect the device from the DJI remote
  • Terminate the DJI app (swipe down from the top of the screen, touch the square button to get the apps, and swipe the DJI app to the right
  • Leave the phone on, not charging, and disconnected from the remote for an hour
  • Check the battery info again

Will try that, althout I can tell you that after charging to the max and after rebooting the device without starting the app, I have battery usage from it, WTF did DJI do with this?

Thanks InterMurph

Ugh. Check the app permissions; one of them is "run at startup". There is no standard way to prevent an Android app from starting at startup time; there are third-party apps that claim to do it, but I'm not sure I would trust them or their methods.

So the first thing to do every time you power up your phone:
  1. Press the white circle with 6 dots, at the bottom middle of the home screen, to get to the app pages
  2. Press and hold the DJI GO app icon
  3. Drag and drop it onto "App Info" that appears ton the top right of the screen
  4. Press the "FORCE STOP" button.
When you want to use it, you can start it up as normal. Then of course, remember to do this "FORCE STOP" afterwards.

This blows.

Ugh. Check the app permissions; one of them is "run at startup". There is no standard way to prevent an Android app from starting at startup time; there are third-party apps that claim to do it, but I'm not sure I would trust them or their methods.

So the first thing to do every time you power up your phone:
  1. Press the white circle with 6 dots, at the bottom middle of the home screen, to get to the app pages
  2. Press and hold the DJI GO app icon
  3. Drag and drop it onto "App Info" that appears ton the top right of the screen
  4. Press the "FORCE STOP" button.
When you want to use it, you can start it up as normal. Then of course, remember to do this "FORCE STOP" afterwards.

This blows.
Yes, the app asked for "start up permission" and since you can't deny it and can't change that either (**** you android, even iOS is more open in that matter), that will do the trick, thanks for your time InterMurph :)
Will do that every time, have no choice it seems.

You can actually change the permissions by using an app called "Advanced Permission Manager". You edit the permissions and it will then uninstall and reinstall the app with the modified permissions. Seems to work just fine as far as I can tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips