Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO App - First Impressions

I highly recommend that if you are using android, DO NOT UPGRADE until the DJI GO App for Android is published
I will absolutly not updating the app when Android is coming out.I have a dedicated tablet for my Inspire and this one is connected once to the internet when I bought it.After that I always downloaded firmware and app to install it from sd card.
It's f**cking frustrated to see DJI going there own way.8 months after release none of the promised things on the app are there.Instead they investing in BS social media and editing crap.I want a stable app with promised things.
I really love the Inspire,but next time I will surely look to other brands.Support could not be worse from other companies so why should I stay with DJI.
If the app works fine,I defenitly stay with the Inspire because it's one of the best "drones "I've flown.
I really miss a kind of "I love coffee app".So if there is anybody with a good replacement for the DJI app,I will get it directly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Florida Drone LLC
Three pilots from different parts of the world flying three inspires and two pro threes in Vic falls. All updated firmware etc.No problems with either dual or single inspires. One inspire controlled on iOS 9 beta for testing with drone deploy. No problems other than the normal..video transmission drop etc. Once upgrades done...still possible to fly both inspire and phantom on galaxy tab 4 on old app as well as using iPad mini 3 running dj go.
For all ios9 beta testers,in your pilotlog when you replay the flight,
The drone performs the turning motions but never leaves the home point,even as the track changes color.
Also,exiting the log section with the arrow tab takes a few tries.

It took a while, but I did get the main remote to upgrade the firmware. For the second remote, I cannot link to the aircraft and there IS no "linking remote controller" button on the app now for the second controller. Also, I have no options to request master or slave on the app for the second controller. The purple light just stares at me and the remote is completely useless now. This all happened while updating the firmware to 1.3.0. I believe the second remote did actually update the firmware because when plugged into the android device, it says that I have the latest firmware. The second remote seems stuck in a permanent lock. Got any advice???
Replying to myself to add on: Also, Since the new firmware update and the old app installed (no DJI Go App for android), I have no ISO settings available any longer and I cannot get my monitor (Google Nexus 9 and/or Samsung Galaxy S5) to normalize viewing. Almost everything is solid white unless I am in a very shady area. I cannot downgrade the firmware to the earlier version either. What a **** mess. I have begun a registered case with DJI and I'm NOT expecting much from that.

Reactions: lake_flyer
Im running new firmware on android and all the features are operable on pilot app, flew two batteries to cycle then only and app crashed twice, unacceptable DJI....

Replying to myself to add on: Also, Since the new firmware update and the old app installed (no DJI Go App for android), I have no ISO settings available any longer and I cannot get my monitor (Google Nexus 9 and/or Samsung Galaxy S5) to normalize viewing. Almost everything is solid white unless I am in a very shady area. I cannot downgrade the firmware to the earlier version either. What a **** mess. I have begun a registered case with DJI and I'm NOT expecting much from that.
what happens when you turn the wheel on the right side of the controller?

Ran into issues today with the new IOS release

1. iPad re-booted in mid flight, the Inspire was over water, the controller still had good connection and I was able to bring it back home while the iPad re-started. Don't recall every happening before. The camera continued to record but lost some video that gets saved on the iPad. Once the iPad re-strted and I opend the DJI APP, I began to see the image

2. The Create Movie app is clunky, it stops running the video while running, it does not always save the cuts, have had to re-run it multiple times to get the same video, have had to re-start the whole app, don't know if there are limitiations on how many cuts, have not read anything. its a nice feature, but needs to work better.

3. DJI should also default to YouTube and SkyPixel, apparently it is not just defaulted to SkyPixel.

Anyway, thought I'd share. The rest of the features continue to work

I found that I could finally (perhaps this was NOT there before) access the Slave's Gimbal control attenuation for the sticks. You can use a slider (and DJI, please let us type in a number 01-100, as the touch-screen scrolling is mind-bogglingly unusable. Just let us ewer that number in some other way as an option!) to adjust the acceleration on these controls making SLOW yaw/pitch control possible. BRAVO.

One of the only new features I've used...and it might have been there all along, but I just found it after looking for a white!

I've experienced the reboot issue three times now with my iPad Air 2 while flying. Once with the I1 and twice with the P3A. Temperature was only in the mid 70's so it wasn't an overheating issue.
With the old Pilot app this never happened.

This reminds me of one awkward moment one time when It took me a while to realize the camera was still in manual, in the settings of the night before when I played with the camera inside at dimmed lamp light, ISO 3200 and 1/50sec shutter speed,

interesting, this changes the camera EV setting and when i first got mine i had hit it accidentally and it turned my picture white. one direction lightens and the other darkens. It should do this by default unless you changed your remote settings. id check into that. Not sure what else would cause that problem other than camera settings.

Hey everyone...

Found something in the latest releases of the firmware and App this afternoon.
I could not select HDR in the camera set-up - it was greyed out.

I started the i1 and took off and hovered about 2m above ground - still no joy.
Could select every other shooting mode, but HDR was still greyed out.

I set the i1 down and changed to the flight simulator.
HDR was selectable.
Selected it and did some test shots - worked fine until the battery ran out.

Switched off everything, changed batteries and tried again...
i1 switched on, but still on the ground.
Again the HDR was greyed out.
Changed to flight simulator, selected HDR.
Did my flight and switched off.

Started with fresh battery an hour or so later... it remembered the HDR setting.
I could change settings and the problem did not return.

Anyone had this problem on the iOS App?

I just heard back from DJI about my dead second remote issue since the upgrade. They want me to wait for the Android DJI Go app to come out and think it may fix the problem. They said it will be "a few days".

I just heard back from DJI about my dead second remote issue since the upgrade. They want me to wait for the Android DJI Go app to come out and think it may fix the problem. They said it will be "a few days".
Wow that's an easy way to avoid trubble!So if my car has any problem and I will go to my cardealer all I have to do is wait for an upgrade?

It's been released this morning, hope it helps and you get your second remote working.

Hey guys ...
I downloaded the go app on my ladies Samsung s5 and was surprised they want you to connect to the ac to activate the app..
does anyone know why they would do this and will I be tied to that phone if I connect to it or can I just connect to whatever device i want like before? ?

I just downloaded and installed the DJI Go App for Android. It fixed my problems as DJI said it would. Glad it fixed the issues and my second remote is now fully functional. I just wish they would have told me NOT to install the firmware before the android app came out. That really sucked!

Hey guys ...
I downloaded the go app on my ladies Samsung s5 and was surprised they want you to connect to the ac to activate the app..
does anyone know why they would do this and will I be tied to that phone if I connect to it or can I just connect to whatever device i want like before? ?
I just connected as usual and everything works. No AC plug required.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Exactly what I was thinking.
The App is getting completely focussed on consumer use. DJI wants the world to see their crafts as flying cameras, that even your grandma can fly, instead of aircraft capable of carrying a payload in the form of a camera. As far as dji is concerned, they ultimately want to take the human flying skills factor out of the equation entirely. I wished they kept the Inspire1 out of this social media (look Ma I'm on YouTube with my drone clip that 'I' shot only 3 minutes ago!) circus. I hate to have to rely on consumer oriented strategies.

How long before a true pro app for commercial pilots with HUD, full camera control and maintenance/log features, waypoint and POI, focus and follow modes, all combined in one serious interface, specifically for the I1, will hit the street? I pay for that in a heartbeat.

Ultimate Flight looks promising, so does Autopilot. There are a lot more to come, for sure.

DJI GO, the name change indicates they initially want the public to feel no association with actual flying of an aircraft!!!!! That's their strategy, Wongs dream, to have a drone that flies like a mobile phone and doesn't require any skill.

Can you provide more information on Ultimate Flight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan