Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji Go App will not recognise Inspire aircraft

Reaction score
Since a recent crash when I connect my craft to the app it won't recognise my craft as an inspire it will only allow me to select phantom, and ideas I've already unistalled and reinstalled the app many times

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Since a recent crash when I connect my craft to the app it won't recognise my craft as an inspire it will only allow me to select phantom, and ideas I've already unistalled and reinstalled the app many times

I have changed your thread title to something a little more descriptive to help people if they are using the search function.:)
To answer your question - are you running iOS or Android?

Thanks Ed, Android

Aha.....I though it might be. :)
OK, you need to delete the app from your device and then connect your tablet to your PC. You then need to delete the entire folder that from memory is called 'DJI'
When you delete the app using your device it still leaves behind some rubbish - bad code writing.
Try that, reinstall the app and you should then be able to select Inspire from the selection of aircraft.

Thanks ed I'm using my android phone, ie 'note 4' its never been connected to my PC and it's the first time I've Installed the Go app on it, but I understand what you mean, just not sure it will work as like I said it's the first time it's been installed on this phone, I'll try that and update you

Thanks ed I'm using my android phone, ie 'note 4' its never been connected to my PC and it's the first time I've Installed the Go app on it, but I understand what you mean, just not sure it will work as like I said it's the first time it's been installed on this phone, I'll try that and update you

OK - if you have any problems do it another way and download a good (free) file manager for Android such as X-Plore .Then use the file manager to delete the DJI folders etc.

I have done this three times now. I have uninstalled...cleared cache...manually deleted every file with dji and inspire written in it. It still kicks back to the Phantom 3 once it's connected. As it stands I'm afraid to fly it. I had another post but it was locked because this one exists. So now I post here. Any other ideas?

And I haven't crashed it. Never had a problem like this. It does this on my nvidia shield app and samsung note 4 app. And I have tried 2 different transmitters. I'm updating the craft now and I hope this fixes it...but I'm not hopeful seeing how it worked fine last flights

So updating the craft from the previous firmware to the current seems to have fixed it. But I'm perplexed at how it did this in the first place. I have never seen it behave this way before being in need of an update. And then after updating never seen it do it.

Calling even dji was no help. They were stumped as well. My worries now is what if this is something more of an issue that could ultimately be bad for my craft...

Last edited:
sounds like i should stick with 1.50 till they fix the bugs thx for heads up guys

So updating the craft from the previous firmware to the current seems to have fixed it. But I'm perplexed at how it did this in the first place. I have never seen it behave this way before being in need of an update. And then after updating never seen it do it.

Calling even dji was no help. They were stumped as well. My worries now is what if this is something more of an issue that could ultimately be bad for my craft...
Thanks for the update takean, I'm still getting the error although I can't update as yet as I need to get my camera fixed first
sounds like i should stick with 1.50 till they fix the bugs thx for heads up guys

I have changed your thread title to something a little more descriptive to help people if they are using the search function.:)
To answer your question - are you running iOS or Android?

Aha.....I though it might be. :)
OK, you need to delete the app from your device and then connect your tablet to your PC. You then need to delete the entire folder that from memory is called 'DJI'
When you delete the app using your device it still leaves behind some rubbish - bad code writing.
Try that, reinstall the app and you should then be able to select Inspire from the selection of aircraft.
Editor, Background; Upgraded V01.07.00.90 Inspire 1 Aircraft via SD card, worked great. While in process of upgrading RC to the newest release via DJI Go App....reached 98% and failed..... Since it failed (RC was bricked) I tried everything listed on this site including "cleaning rubbish files" from prior installs of Go App on mobile device. I am now on the last leg of hard reset of RC suggested in this link; DJI Forum|How to Tell if a Firmware Upgrade was Successful . Once this is all back to ground zero, I will install latest DJI Go App, then perform FW upgrade on RC. Will post later with results.

Last edited:
SUCCESS ! Thanks to ALL of you who posted several parts of problems and fixes. I was able to devise a process to fix/resolve the problem(s) after latest Firmware (V01.07.00.90) bricked my RC and caused a whole host of other issues on my Inspire 1. (NOT Inspire Pro or Inspire 2 or RAW) Also NOTE I am using an Android mobile device.

The Clean Up Process: (Involves: Mobile Device, DJI Go App, Remote Controller FW & Camera/Aircraft FW.)
  1. Uninstall the go app from your mobile device, then use a file manager on the mobile device to clean up ALL rubbish files left over from prior DJI installs and run-times.
  2. Hard reset the remote controller like this link suggested DJI Forum|How to Tell if a Firmware Upgrade was Successful
  3. Format OR reformat your SD Card before copying the .bin file on it. (note (the .bin file should be the only file you copy to the SD Card)
The Reset/Run Process:
  1. Download new FW onto SC Card
  2. Download and install latest DJI Go App on your Mobile Device
  3. Start Remote Controller, download and install new firmware, then turn off remote controller
  4. Insert SD Card into camera of aircraft, turn on aircraft and install new firmware, then turn off aircraft
  5. Start Remote Controller, not connected to mobile device yet
  6. Start Aircraft with camera locked in
  7. Connect Remote Controller with mobile device using USB cable
  8. Launch DJI Go App
  9. Enter Camera View
The following information should now show on the "About" of the Go App
APP 2.7.1 (this is the version for iOS, not Android, but i think DJI stated that in the release note)
Version 1.6.00.40
Camera 1.7.00.90
Remote Controller 1.7.00.90

Last edited:
Spoke too Soon....packed it all up to go fly and upon starting up DJI Go App....stupid bad ugly message reappeared (Unfortunately DJI GO App has Stopped Working!) . Too bad we all spend good money to sink ourselves into several hours (8 hrs so far ) the last two times DJI pushes out a "Firmware Upgrade" . Editor, do you have any news on this?

Spoke too Soon....packed it all up to go fly and upon starting up DJI Go App....stupid bad ugly message reappeared (Unfortunately DJI GO App has Stopped Working!) . Too bad we all spend good money to sink ourselves into several hours (8 hrs so far ) the last two times DJI pushes out a "Firmware Upgrade" . Editor, do you have any news on this?
To be honest, I stopped using Android months and months ago as it was just too flakey. I still have an Nvidia Shield for testing purposes though.
When I am flying seriously (commercially or just practice) I always use an iPad and I have had zero and I mean ZERO issues.
I found I was getting too many app crashes previously with Android based devices.
Sometimes as painful as it is, you have to bite the bullet and jump OS/platforms to get reliability.
In the meantime if you are running an Android device that will allow, throttle back the CPU to 90% max (but still utilise all cores). I found this to be a huge help in aiding stability.
You can also!limit the app framerate to a lower setting - basically anything to take the load off the CPU.

Reactions: austin1
Guess I will bite the bullet and jump to an iPad today. I've spent too many hours messing with app crashes on Android and missed opportunities to fly. Thanks for the advise Editor.

Guess I will bite the bullet and jump to an iPad today. I've spent too many hours messing with app crashes on Android and missed opportunities to fly. Thanks for the advise Editor.
Trust me...... you wont regret it!

Trust me...... you wont regret it!
On point Editor! I fired up an iPad Mini 2 and everything came alive....also noticed decreased video latency and quality with the iPad Vs Android. Nice to have new features like zoom as well. Thanks for your guidance, i'm going to go fly today! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips