Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Goggles and Inspire 2

Reaction score
I now have the DJI goggles and connected them with the remote last night with the HDMI cable and was able to get the screen view but no head tracking. I changed a setting somewhere, I think, and now cannot get the HDMI cable connected to the remote to work with the Goggles.

I then realized the firmware was out of date on the goggles so I updated it and still the HDMI cable does not work when connected to the controller. I have the setting for HDMI turned on in the settings.

Can someone please assist me in correctly connecting my DJI goggles to the Inspire 2 remote so I can use the head tracking feature.

Firmware on everything is up to date. Youtube does not have any clear examples of how to actually connect them and what settings to use.

Any help appreciated. Been trying for 2 days now.

UPDATE: Here is what I've figured out. To use head tracking with the Inspire 2 you have to use the USB cable that plugs into the headband where you charge the goggles, not the HDMI cable connected to the controller and goggles themselves.

I now have my HDMI cable working again with the CrystalSky on the remote. In the settings I had to turn on BroadCast Mode, as well as HDMI so only the HDMI for the controller is active and not the CrystalSky.

Now that I have all of that figured out I still have a question. When I use the Goggles with my Mavic Pro Platinum you can use headtracking and still see through the CrystalSky as well, there is no way to do this when using the Inspire 2? I was hoping to be able to have my CrystalSky on so I could use the FPV while flying while someone else wears the goggles using headtracking, is this not possible? If I understand correctly, if I use headtracking I cannot use the CrystalSky or any other device on the controller for flying. Only the goggle wearer will have any flight details and information?

I can’t figure it how to get head tracking to work. I have I2 with cendence and regular slave controller. I can get video and controller in the goggles with the usb connected to the slave. However when I select head tracking gimbal in the menu it never engages. Has anyone had that problem? I’m on the most recent firmware.

Yeah, I pulled that from another forum post, and it may be outdated, or, who knows, completely made up. Read it with the usual optimistic skepticism, I'd say.

Reactions: vertrider1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg