Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Goggles fpv alternative for Inspire 1

Reaction score
You guys might have seen my post about the DJI goggles and how they just could not stay on my head making them useless to me. I did really like the field of view, but also had trouble with the fine focus even wearing reading glasses I normaly use to work at the computer. Well I gave up on them and returned them, but the Goggles fever wouldnt let me go. I finally decided to try another pair, but the prices of these things are ridiculous, $400 for the fat sharks or the DJIs both full of features that my Inspire 1 cant use anyway or the Epsons which look terrific but $700? ouch. Then I had a brilliant idea and looked into the Yuneec Skyview goggles, which have an hdmi input and though they look bulky and heavy like the DJIs really aren't. They are very confortable on my head and I can lift them easily when I need to see the craft, The field of view is not as wide as the DJI as it uses only one screen. At first I wasn't a believer that that method would work for specially after the screen on the DJIs, I was wrong, the single screen is actually easier on the eyes and it is actually sharper instantly as you don't need to make adjustments, Yes for critical focusing the need for reading glasses is absolutely there, but they have plenty of room to wear your glasses. I do wish I could find some inserts though, what I don't like is that when I want to take the goggles off or just lift them the glasses get caught but don't really follow the goggles, granted a different stile glasses might work, I end up pulling the glasses out and the fall on my nose again keeping me from getting a clear view of the craft, but help me look at the app screen LOL, yeah I know "make up your mind"

Anyway, I know there were a few folks that expressed my same complaints about the DJIs, so I wanted to share that the Yuneecs do everything the DJIs do for the I1 but in the long run more comfortably and with possibly sharper image, at least for me. just one more complaint, the screen might be placed a little too low and the telemetry tends to get lost at leat to my eyes forcing me to place the goggles in a slightly weird possition changing the angle they st on my nose. If anyone is using these please chime in and if you have found inserts for prescrition glasses that work well with the Skyviews, oh and they cost me $130 from BuyDig /Ebay including shipping.

Reactions: Shoemaker
Thanks for the share and personal review. I too have entertained goggles as an alternative.
With so many choices covering such a varying price point and feature set its good to hear an independent informed opinion.

Thanx again

You guys might have seen my post about the DJI goggles and how they just could not stay on my head making them useless to me. I did really like the field of view, but also had trouble with the fine focus even wearing reading glasses I normaly use to work at the computer. Well I gave up on them and returned them, but the Goggles fever wouldnt let me go. I finally decided to try another pair, but the prices of these things are ridiculous, $400 for the fat sharks or the DJIs both full of features that my Inspire 1 cant use anyway or the Epsons which look terrific but $700? ouch. Then I had a brilliant idea and looked into the Yuneec Skyview goggles, which have an hdmi input and though they look bulky and heavy like the DJIs really aren't. They are very confortable on my head and I can lift them easily when I need to see the craft, The field of view is not as wide as the DJI as it uses only one screen. At first I wasn't a believer that that method would work for specially after the screen on the DJIs, I was wrong, the single screen is actually easier on the eyes and it is actually sharper instantly as you don't need to make adjustments, Yes for critical focusing the need for reading glasses is absolutely there, but they have plenty of room to wear your glasses. I do wish I could find some inserts though, what I don't like is that when I want to take the goggles off or just lift them the glasses get caught but don't really follow the goggles, granted a different stile glasses might work, I end up pulling the glasses out and the fall on my nose again keeping me from getting a clear view of the craft, but help me look at the app screen LOL, yeah I know "make up your mind"

Anyway, I know there were a few folks that expressed my same complaints about the DJIs, so I wanted to share that the Yuneecs do everything the DJIs do for the I1 but in the long run more comfortably and with possibly sharper image, at least for me. just one more complaint, the screen might be placed a little too low and the telemetry tends to get lost at leat to my eyes forcing me to place the goggles in a slightly weird possition changing the angle they st on my nose. If anyone is using these please chime in and if you have found inserts for prescrition glasses that work well with the Skyviews, oh and they cost me $130 from BuyDig /Ebay including shipping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG