Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 "ANOTHER battery mod? "

Reaction score
I had and idea...........................so i went to work......ill let the picture tell you the story

10 photos per page.....ARGGGGG!!!

well here we go
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

yup, but its under the cowl, and did not cost me 49 to 60 dollars, and im waiting for some 18650 batteries, and designing mount for them, its just a different style, and dont have to take on and off each fight, and depending on what one you get, some have said they had to shave plastics off of battery to fit it properly, they fit real snug, and hard to get batteries out, they have thinned them down, and the thinner the brass or copper, less amp draw, i got .075 mm can take a 65c lipo.....i hope......if all works out

Hello Cruzroy - I've been watching your videos for a while now and it is my understanding that you've changed your opinion on battery clips? Also, have you looked at Fly High USA's Inspire 1 Battery Mod? I've been told that by having a slightly discharged main battery and fully charged accs lipos that they can start charging the main battery, shutting off power to the drone (and thus falling out of the sky) - I was wondering what you thought of this.

Hello Cruzroy - I've been watching your videos for a while now and it is my understanding that you've changed your opinion on battery clips? Also, have you looked at Fly High USA's Inspire 1 Battery Mod? I've been told that by having a slightly discharged main battery and fully charged accs lipos that they can start charging the main battery, shutting off power to the drone (and thus falling out of the sky) - I was wondering what you thought of this.
My opinion on this is when I try to do a video it may be boring and long but I show the battery for it to come pleat capacity I have use the clips many times I’ve had batteries overheat from trying to discharge because discharge rate is very important to DJI Drones but all these clips and modifications from other companies that build them they never show a full video of how long they can fly they just promote and tell you that they can fly for 20 minutes 40 minutes or whatever the only luck I’ve had with inspires is to crack the power board or hack whatever you wanna call it and add other do you J Cell packs to create bigger better batteries like the 12,000 mA battery I love that and it will fly the inspire as long as the inspire two can fly it could match it one for one but doing this is very expensive and it Hass to be done properly and the battery has to be reprogrammed the BMS to control the battery and give you all the telemetry that you are used to but you should ask these companies that build and sell the special mitered batteries for a full boring 2030 minute video I’ve been inspire hovering but just remember you can get sometimes less time. Out of hovering then you can flying around but I’ve noticed hovering takes a lot out of a drone trying to stay in one spot while in GPS but I have a noun 9000 mA hour and a 12,000 mA hour battery and I’m happy with both of them but like I said I spent a lot of money getting these batteries and truth if you contact DJI through their support email from what I understand they still have batteries for sale and I also heard they’re 160 bucks apiece so if you need batteries contact them

Reactions: tai_mingle
My opinion on this is when I try to do a video it may be boring and long but I show the battery for it to come pleat capacity I have use the clips many times I’ve had batteries overheat from trying to discharge because discharge rate is very important to DJI Drones but all these clips and modifications from other companies that build them they never show a full video of how long they can fly they just promote and tell you that they can fly for 20 minutes 40 minutes or whatever the only luck I’ve had with inspires is to crack the power board or hack whatever you wanna call it and add other do you J Cell packs to create bigger better batteries like the 12,000 mA battery I love that and it will fly the inspire as long as the inspire two can fly it could match it one for one but doing this is very expensive and it Hass to be done properly and the battery has to be reprogrammed the BMS to control the battery and give you all the telemetry that you are used to but you should ask these companies that build and sell the special mitered batteries for a full boring 2030 minute video I’ve been inspire hovering but just remember you can get sometimes less time. Out of hovering then you can flying around but I’ve noticed hovering takes a lot out of a drone trying to stay in one spot while in GPS but I have a noun 9000 mA hour and a 12,000 mA hour battery and I’m happy with both of them but like I said I spent a lot of money getting these batteries and truth if you contact DJI through their support email from what I understand they still have batteries for sale and I also heard they’re 160 bucks apiece so if you need batteries contact them
As for falling from the sky I have not heard anything but maybe that’s why they don’t make videos of their modified batteries I do not trust them no no I do I fly with them with the 12,000 mA battery with a C3 camera I can fly at super high speeds because my drone has been software modified and I did one time get the chicken dance in the sky but I was 1000 feet up and it Recovered back to normal flight I just learned not to fly at 55 miles an hour with a heavy battery

Reactions: tai_mingle
As for falling from the sky I have not heard anything but maybe that’s why they don’t make videos of their modified batteries I do not trust them no no I do I fly with them with the 12,000 mA battery with a C3 camera I can fly at super high speeds because my drone has been software modified and I did one time get the chicken dance in the sky but I was 1000 feet up and it Recovered back to normal flight I just learned not to fly at 55 miles an hour with a heavy battery
Based on some research I've decided to just buy old TB48s and get them regenerated at REGENERATED TB48 battery for DJI Inspire 1/Pro/v2 when necessary. I hope they don't go out of business anytime soon. Your opinion?

truth all should ask Fly High USA's to show a video of there mod......funny i cant find one, my grandma said "the proof is in the pudding

Based on some research I've decided to just buy old TB48s and get them regenerated at REGENERATED TB48 battery for DJI Inspire 1/Pro/v2 when necessary. I hope they don't go out of business anytime soon. Your opinion?
I have heard many people on other forums and fakebook that if you call DJI support. They now have a stockpile for sale. But they are not on page. You have to call. I heard they are only 160 bucks US

I have heard many people on other forums and fakebook that if you call DJI support. They now have a stockpile for sale. But they are not on page. You have to call. I heard they are only 160 bucks US
I called them today and they said there was no such thing. Maybe old information?

sorry....i heard it from 2 folks.....must be old
I guess for now I'll buy overpriced used batteries from eBay and get them re-celled continuously from that site. Sad that DJI has come to this, although it is their company strategy to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess for now I'll buy overpriced used batteries from eBay and get them re-celled continuously from that site. Sad that DJI has come to this, although it is their company strategy to do this. As you are very experienced in this area, I was also wondering if you had any opinion on Titan drone's antenna mods. As an owner of one of their panels, can you mount the amp on a tripod? What kind of SMA connector is used for the remote controller? Do you recommend them over everyone else? I'm thinking of getting my rc modded at Inspire 1 Remote Control Modification – Innovative UAS | Drones.
Can we please keep this thread on topic - it is not about antenna/RC modifications.

Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc