Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji Inspire 1 crash report

Reaction score
Ladies & gents ,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news ...
Looks like we have 2 reported Inspire 1 crashes .
The first one due to an allegedly compass error and the second one due to pilot error

The photos I'm posting are from the second crash. Pilot clipped a tree branch on accident . Insipre 1 fell 50ft . He is reporting the camera to be functional with a broken holder plate .

Let's pray for our first line soldier pilots with dji inspire 1s ... The Skies don't seem too friendly lately.

THIS IS NOT MY DJI INSPIRE1 .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 282
Ouch - this is very painful to look at. Even more painful to contemplate what it feels like having received it in the first round and not been able to use it for the foreseeable future until spares become readily available.

+1 on the ouch. Pilot error, as horrible as it is, we can deal with. But compass, GPS and other product related issues are a problem. Remember the battery contact issues with the P2V and then GPS fly away issues with the P2V+. Hopefully the product has been very well tested, but I'm sure things will occur with mass use.

This bird is heavy and solid, with big props. Not something you want to lose control of.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
When mine comes in, I'm just gonna look at it and take pictures of it for a while. Maybe just hold it and fly it around holding it. I don't think I could bear crashing the thing and not to be able to get replacement parts for months. I seriously think I'd go into a depression.

Reactions: Russianfront
According to the crash pilot , DJI Customer Service USA is on top of their game.
They will have the Inspire repaired within a reasonable amount of time ( less than a month)

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
"When mine comes in, I'm just gonna look at it and take pictures of it for a while. Maybe just hold it and fly it around holding it. I don't think I could bear crashing the thing and not to be able to get replacement parts for months. I seriously think I'd go into a depression."

I think that's the wrong approach and you're setting yourself up for flying paralysis. It's meant to be flown, not sit on a table or in the case. I have bought one and wait for its arrival. I have the utmost expectations the it will work flawlessly. But at the same time, I know it's a 3k gamble. You take a risk and you bet as much as you can afford to lose. Frankly, even if the thing works perfectly, regulations could ground us eventually. Best fly while you can and enjoy the **** out of it. If there's a problem, you deal with it. But I think for the vast majority, it will work just grand.

"Something's lost and something's gained in living every day." From song "Both Sides Now." On your deathbed, the only thing worse you can say other than "I am dying" is "I had never lived." (Have to admit, though, I'd love to see pics of a member flying the Inspire while simultaneously holding on; sick! Lol!)

they should of made the design to have 360 degree optical flow sensors on at all times not just on the bottom and making them hand land only somehow

Last edited:
New
You would think......but not the hand land only part. I like simple.
Less time thinking. More time creating.

they should of made the design to have 360 degree optical flow sensors on at all times not just on the bottom and making them hand land only somehow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop