Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji Inspire 1 crash report

New
You would think......but not the hand land only part. I like simple.
Less time thinking. More time creating.

your right i think but i was justing thinking more safety after reading about crashes. the truth is these items are not crash friendly and probably never will be

I'm still waiting for the photos or video of the crashed Inspire.Is there any?

UPDATE :
Another reported crash today in Florida

Quoting the owner EB . "Guys I take off the bird and flew away and shock into a car and it is now destroyed. I swear to god I didn nothing but auto take off."

No video available.

This is the worst looking crash by far

Attachments

• crashed Inspire1.jpg
    crashed Inspire1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 90
UPDATE :
Another reported crash today in Florida

Quoting the owner EB . "Guys I take off the bird and flew away and shock into a car and it is now destroyed. I swear to god I didn nothing but auto take off."

No video available.

This is the worst looking crash by far

I hope I had recorded it but I just didn't think something like this would happen.
I did an automatic take-off at the first time without any problems, it was just hovering in its place.
The second time I wanted to do another automatic take-off it flew on its left side and crashed, then it hit the ground and it kept spinning up until I turned it off.
I'm contacting DJI. Let's hope they can check on the logs and see it was not my mistake at all.

It was all updated to the latest firmware. It was calibrated and with GPS ON.DSC00410.JPG

I hope I had recorded it but I just didn't think something like this would happen.
I did an automatic take-off at the first time without any problems, it was just hovering in its place.
The second time I wanted to do another automatic take-off it flew on its left side and crashed, then it hit the ground and it kept spinning up until I turned it off.
I'm contacting DJI. Let's hope they can check on the logs and see it was not my mistake at all.

It was all updated to the latest firmware. It was calibrated and with GPS ON.View attachment 106

Just bend it back. Good as new.

Good luck getting the spare parts. At the speed they are shipping the units, it might take 6 months or more to get the thing repaired. Not ideal for sure.

If you are in the US, the LA Service Center received a great number of replacement parts. Repair in the US should not be an issue.

Reactions: hionbusa
Ladies & Gentlemen ,

The crash report thread is not an intent to bash dji and the inspire 1 but rather a way to bring the inspire 1 community together to troublshoot and resolve any issues .

We have dji support member Tahoe Ed who's been doing a phenomenal job providing all the technical support and knowledge on other forums .

Inspire 1 crash on take off.. Not pilot error!:

Ouch! Feel sorry for you. Did I hear you say this was in auto takeoff mode? Seems like all the problems reported are linked to the automation. I am sure DJI will provide support and replace any broken parts.

My advise for everyone is to start filming before launching. At least that way you can recover the footage which makes any claims easier to prove.

Let us know what comes out of the discussion with DJI.

Ouch! Feel sorry for you. Did I hear you say this was in auto takeoff mode? Seems like all the problems reported are linked to the automation. I am sure DJI will provide support and replace any broken parts.

My advise for everyone is to start filming before launching. At least that way you can recover the footage which makes any claims easier to prove.

Let us know what comes out of the discussion with DJI.

Good point,

Dji admited to the presence of a "bug" in the production model .They are wrapping up the newer firmware update

I postponed my orders until further updates even though I need the inspires bad for a trip to the islands ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa