Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 vs. Phantom 3 Controllers

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 1 and Inspire 1, and just purchased a Phantom 3 ... I thought the P3 and I1 controllers were the same, but my new P3 controller has the old P1 iPhone clip, no USB out, etc... Can I pair my I1 Controller to my P3? Would allow install a circular polarization antenna booster (req. two ant. connectors) and get much greater control range ... Why did DJI switch to a less capable controller for the P3? Thanks!

What model P3 ? Standard or 4K I assume

None of the P3 controllers are the same as the Inspire

The P3 Advance and Pro uses the Gl300 that's very similar looking, it has plastic device mount, does not have inbuilt GPS and does not come with the HDMI board, this HDMI can be added as an upgrade though.

None of the P3 controllers work with the Inspire the the Inspire controller will work with the Advance and Professional

The Standard and 4K use Wifi not LB so are completely different and not compatible

I have a Phantom 1 and Inspire 1, and just purchased a Phantom 3 ... I thought the P3 and I1 controllers were the same, but my new P3 controller has the old P1 iPhone clip, no USB out, etc... Can I pair my I1 Controller to my P3? Would allow install a circular polarization antenna booster (req. two ant. connectors) and get much greater control range ... Why did DJI switch to a less capable controller for the P3? Thanks!
take it back and get an advanced or P3 professional, Like everything else that dji does adding the standard and the 4k is ridiculous and confusing, the standard and 4k is just another dji downgrade.

I'm wondering if a Phantom 3 Professional RC can be used to control the Inspire's camera if set up as the slave.

it would be cool, as those are much cheaper than the inspire controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela