Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire False Videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Received the following email from a DJI competitor, so maybe it means nothing. I was going to send it to DJI for response, but thought, if it were true, DJI is not about to admit it. I am not suggesting any of it is true, but felt obliged to share this with my prospective fellow Inspire pilots:

"Better cancel Inspire 1 order. Thing already has issues with transformation mechanism and the spectacular amazing videos that we watch of inspire 1 are a clever and very expensive advertising strategy. Most of the videos are not from original cam. We all know that; those are shot with pro cams and shown to unsuspecting customers as the original footage. Only few seconds of original footage was shown that somehow turned out to be good from their hours of flying LOL. Still, we can see shakes and jello that they tried to remove."

Those of you who have read my posts know I frown upon and do not participate in conjecture and rumor (and maybe that's all the above comment is), but getting very close to taking delivery of my Inspire and offer this only so that more knowledgeable and experienced pilots might comment. Please understand my motive is not to create controversy from lies and distortions. I understand the competitor who said these things to be a very respected member among smaller copter builders, but that does not guaranty the objectivity or accuracy of these statements given the pecuniary conflicting interest.

Eddie

Still saving for an S900 + GH4 setup but I will watch the real Inspire footage as folks post to see if it's good enough to lure my dollars.

You say it's from a "DJI competitor." Who is it? I'd really like to know so if my I1 turns out to be a POS, I can thank them. If it turns out to be as awesome as I expect, I will never buy from them. I don't want a person's name, but I would like to know the company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You say it's from a "DJI competitor." Who is it? I'd really like to know so if my I1 turns out to be a POS, I can thank them. If it turns out to be as awesome as I expect, I will never buy from them. I don't want a person's name, but I would like to know the company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave:

I am an attorney. Someone is lying here. If it be my source and I disclose it, I expose that person to a possible slander/libel suit. Given the nature of the business, it would be impossible for me to disclose the company to you without you instantly knowing the person's name.

I just want to get to the truth without causing undo hardship to anyone. I, personally, have decided to forego delivery of the first and second shipments of Inspire 1 unless or until I feel more comfortable about the purchase.

Eddie

Dave:

I am an attorney. Someone is lying here. If it be my source and I disclose it, I expose that person to a possible slander/libel suit. Given the nature of the business, it would be impossible for me to disclose the company to you without you instantly knowing the person's name.

I just want to get to the truth without causing undo hardship to anyone. I, personally, have decided to forego delivery of the first and second shipments of Inspire 1 unless or until I feel more comfortable about the purchase.

Eddie

I don't want to seem to jump to conclusion on this however one of my areas of concern is the retractable leg how long will they last if we use the Inspire 1 let say 200 times with double that amount with the legs going up or down. When do we get to that so called failure point when it stop working or the motors fail. I understand that the S-Series of DJI all have retractable legs that are probably using a similar technology has anyone ever reported if it ever failed or how long it lasted.

This is in answer to all the naysayers among you. Yesterday I had a most incredible experience. A friend brought an S-1000 and a beta Inspire 1 to our AMA sanctioned field. Also, Thumpinghard, who has an I1 on order was flying "training missions" with a P1. Both he and I got the opportunity to fly the I1 for several flights each. First, let me say it is an amazing piece of technology and the "app" is nothing short of stunning. I was immediately struck by how quiet it is. No more sounds of angry bees or chain saws. Secondly how responsive and controllable it is...a huge improvement over the earlier Phantoms, which I have had. Response is lightning fast, crisp and feels like a simple extension of your thoughts rather than your fingers on the sticks. And lastly, the app is all you could ask for and more. Oh, and incidentally, unless DJI has found a way to cram Photoshop into the video stream, I could see no evidence of gimbal shake during retraction or at any other time. Auto takeoffs and landings are silky smooth and way better than I can accomplish manually, even on my best days. So, folks, until you have actually flown an I1, don't knock it, 'till you've tried it"

This is in answer to all the naysayers among you. Yesterday I had a most incredible experience. A friend brought an S-1000 and a beta Inspire 1 to our AMA sanctioned field. Also, Thumpinghard, who has an I1 on order was flying "training missions" with a P1. Both he and I got the opportunity to fly the I1 for several flights each. First, let me say it is an amazing piece of technology and the "app" is nothing short of stunning. I was immediately struck by how quiet it is. No more sounds of angry bees or chain saws. Secondly how responsive and controllable it is...a huge improvement over the earlier Phantoms, which I have had. Response is lightning fast, crisp and feels like a simple extension of your thoughts rather than your fingers on the sticks. And lastly, the app is all you could ask for and more. Oh, and incidentally, unless DJI has found a way to cram Photoshop into the video stream, I could see no evidence of gimbal shake during retraction or at any other time. Auto takeoffs and landings are silky smooth and way better than I can accomplish manually, even on my best days. So, folks, until you have actually flown an I1, don't knock it, 'till you've tried it"
Very reassuring. Thank you for your post. Eddie

Locking thread. It's ridiculous to consider statements made by a direct competitor of DJI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207