Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Nazis at it again...

Reaction score
Hey doods;

Flying the same mission I've been flying twice a month with the same software and firmware on my Inspire 1 for almost 2 years, this popped up out of nowhere:

1574346266041.png

Fortunately for all of us I always keep a spare iPad with even OLDER software just in case something like this happens. Mission completed. Client happy. Paycheck issued. Win = me.

1574346448469.png

Worth noting, I had connected everything the night before to make sure the MicroSD card was cleared and the camera settings were right (can't format the card within this app). 10 hours later, DJI Nazis are trying to ruin my livelihood.

D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can understand the frustration but it looks as though you’re only being asked to register the third party software.

Yes it’s caused a delay and inconvenience but calling DJI Nazis seems a little OTT.

Perhaps a closer examination of history, looking at the atrocities the Nazis caused against humanity will bring your inconvenience into perspective.

Hope the problem has since been resolved.

Take care and catch you later. Peter

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Reaction score
I can understand the frustration but it looks as though you’re only being asked to register the third party software.
Precisely. But it has to be said that I've been using this software (AutoPilot) for YEARS. Imagine driving your Tesla for YEARS, only to be stopped out of the blue on your way to work one day and not allowed to move until you plug the thing into the Internet and re-register it.

Yes it’s caused a delay and inconvenience
Only because of my diligence having a Plan B to circumvent the Nazism was this an "inconvenience." I imagine many Tesla drivers would consider this more than an "inconvenience." I imagine for some, it would be a deal-breaker.

Had I NOT had a Plan B, it would have been far more than an inconvenience for me....FAR more. I literally would not have been able to shoot the client this week. Why? Because Tuesday (the following day) I had a Traffic Analysis gig that takes all day. Wed, Thurs and today it has been raining all day. I literally would've had to tell the client, "Sorry....no video this week." Videos are on a two week cycle due every other Monday. If I miss that deadline, I don't get to make it up the following week. I have to SKIP the shoot, which mean NO PAY.

but calling DJI Nazis seems a little OTT.
This registration was NOT a request. Had DJI *requested* that I register "ASAP," I would've been kewl with that, I this thread would never see the light of day. But they didn't do that. DJI DISABLED my TOOL that I already PAID FOR YEARS ago. I'm sorry..."Nazi-esque" fits the situation perfectly.

Perhaps a closer examination of history, looking at the atrocities the Nazis caused against humanity will bring your inconvenience into perspective.
Don't take the term literally. That would be a mistake.

Hope the problem has since been resolved.
I guess we'll see in two weeks when I go out to shoot again. I've done everything I could do here at the house, just like I did the night before I got the message. So we'll see.

If this happens again next week, I will have to take further action to insure this never happens again...which means working WAAAAAY outside the box DJI has put us in.

Take care and catch you later. Peter
You, too.

D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Could this be an instance of Godwin’s law?
Since I referenced "Nazis" right out of the shoot, no.

Godwin's Law is a progressive, eventual, inevitable gravitation towards Nazis or Hitler, usually employed in an ad hominem manner during political discourse. It is usually employed in lieu of a logical argument. i.e. "We need to secure the borders." "You're a Nazi!"

My use of the term "Nazi" is completely different in this instance.

D

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dj_Sammy