Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Osmo DJI Focus-Osmo Pro/Raw Adapter Cable Part 67 Is being shipped!

Reaction score
Website
www.flyhighusa.com
Hey guys and gals,
We have had a lot of interest about the release of the Focus/Osmo Pro/Raw Adapter cable!!! We just got word they are available for shipping and we have a larger order of many different DJI items as well as the Focus ProRaw Adapter cable. Now you can control the Osmo X5 and X5R focus with the Focus system from DJI. It will give much greater control. If anyone wants to order one just hit me up at 270-473-1409. Be safe out there.FullSizeRender 8.jpg 170530pirxi36er3iyreel.jpg

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
Hey guys and gals,
We have had a lot of interest about the release of the Focus/Osmo Pro/Raw Adapter cable!!! We just got word they are available for shipping and we have a larger order of many different DJI items as well as the Focus ProRaw Adapter cable. Now you can control the Osmo X5 and X5R focus with the Focus system from DJI. It will give much greater control. If anyone wants to order one just hit me up at 270-473-1409. Be safe out there.View attachment 8644 View attachment 8645
Good news Ralph:)!!

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
I've been casting about, asking people, even DJI, for this, but no dice. Please see photo to see what I'm doing.

This cable (which I ordered, as B&H specified it was actually for the Focus Handwheel) and have here in front of me, is not right .. this is an adapter cable that goes to the Osmo Pro/RAW from the WIRELESS Focus unit ... see the tube connector (shiny)? This is wrong.http://www.multicopterwarehouse.com/...19?search=osmo

THIS cable, I was told by DJI tech after waiting an hour on hold, would work ... but I doubt it ... reason: The connectors are different. See the black only end? That looks smaller than the end with the black and the chrome metal stripe. I have found it mentioned in other forums, but never found an account of someone using it between the Focus Handwheel and the Osmo Pro/RAW: https://www.heliguy.com/dji-focus-ha...ble-1-2m-p4296

Furthermore, the 1.2 meter cable is too short. 2 meters would be perfect.

I asked DJI if it would work if I spliced teh short cable that comes with the Focus Handwheel ... putting one of its ends onto the 2-meter cable ... .they said they did not know.

I took a chance and cut my short cable. Yep ... wish I hadn't done that ... I see like 18 tiny conductors plus shield and ground.

I am reluctant to try to cut and splice into the $39 cable, above, to replace the tubular connector. I cannot be assured of success .. even if my splice work is perfect .. will the cable work at that length?

Any information would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks!

Here is the purpose (often the slider and jib are extended way out over thinner ice .. I am usually positioned on the shore or on thicker ice, operating the slider, and pan/tilt the X5R with push/roll on tablet, and I have a hand free so I could use the Focus Handwheel to pull focus instead of doing "focus static" shots, which are sometimes disappointing, especially this close.Osmo on Jib Slider.jpg Formations.jpg

You don't need the focus wheel, especially as there are no cables long enough. Simply toggle from autofocus to manual focus on the DJI Go app and use the on-screen slider that appears to pull focus manually. If you need to, you can enable focus peaking, or manual focus assist.

The cable you link to at Heliguy is definitely not the cable you want/need as it's intended to connect the focus wheel to the inspire 2. The only way you might get that cable to work would be to buy two, chop off the 4-pin end that goes into the Inspire 2 remote, and splice the cables together, then you'd have a 2.4m cable... that may or may not work! (At least it would have the correct plugs on each end though). The problem with splicing is that the joints and cable length may degrade the signals and make them too weak to work.

Thanks for responding.

Problem is ... focus on the App is very bad ... plus .. you can't focus and pan/tilt the camera at the same time.

I have all the ends I need here, and the cable .. but as you mentioned, splicing it is very questionable ... it will have to be perfect. And these are TINY wires ... and there are LOTS of them ... like 18 + shield, + ground ...

However .. I am "almost certain" that all 18 conductors are not in use. Splicing both those Inspire 2 focus cables together by simply making 4 pins might work ... jam the pins in one connector, align the other connector, jam them together, test, and if it works, seal it with silicone and gaff tape ...

That's an idea ... yeah ..

Actually, what you want is one or more of the osmo extension cables... Osmo Gimbal Remote Extension - Heliguy then you can mount the camera on the extension and have the handle back at the jib pivot where you can control it using the handle controls..... only snag is I'm not sure how it works with the X5, and by extension... how it works with the focus handwheel. It may only work with the x3!

I wonder if I might prevail upon some vendor to give that a shot for me ... of course I would buy from them if it worked, it would be non-destructive, and save the hassle of having to order, then RMA, etc, if it didn't ..

To make it work, you'd have to put the x5 adaptor at the remote end of the extension cable, but like I mentioned there is no port on it for the focus cable. You'd still have to use the one on the x5 adaptor... which puts you right back where you started from :(

Right ... and consider I'm only really using the jib as an extender ... sometimes I can't reach it when the slider carriage is at the far end ... I'll post a link in a second to one of the type of shots I do .. please note I am not spamming ... just posting this for info purposes ... here ... in fact this one is with the camera UNDER the edge of the ice, can't really tell, but if I was anywhere near it, I would have broken through the ice above, and ruined it Fantastic Ice Blobs in Splashing Stream Close Slide Pan ~ Video #72240730

Right .. .just a note though ... the short cable that came with the focus handwheel worked great with the X5R .... well ... until I cut it and made it look sad ...

New Update: Very Happy! It works with the Focus Handwheel to Inspire 2 cables connected together with steel wire. STOKED! (Got mine from Atlanta Hobby) (now gonna trim the wires and tape it up (adding dielectric grease to prevent corrosion in contacts and steel wire) If you do this, make sure you reverse the 4 conductor connectors (so looking at the top, you see the shiny release tabs on top of one, but not the other)

Attachments

• Osmo RAW Focus Handwheel 2.4 meter cable connection.JPG
    Osmo RAW Focus Handwheel 2.4 meter cable connection.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: NickU

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa