Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Osmo mic

Here's my take. My concern with both those mics would be isolation. Both designs might be susceptible to vibrations through the handle, i.e. any noise possibly generated by the gimbal or by your hand operating the controls.

If this is the case, then the audio may only be good for reference. I'm sure the quality will be fine but I'd probably choose the first one listed. It comes with a wind sock, helpful for shooting outdoors. The other looks more rigid and may be more susceptible to vibration. I'd buy the cheaper one (with the wind sock) to see how it peforms.

i think the sennheiser mke 400 would be a good chioce for the extra $. but im not sure its worth it if the audio has weird gain issues/ auto levels. no way to monitor the audio either unless you can plug your headphones into the phone.

I purchased the accessory mount for the OSMO...Sennheiser G3 wireless with Tram TR50 is gonna be perfect on a system that is loud...and the OSMO audio input is not powered so the crapped $10 mics may not work.

I purchased the accessory mount for the OSMO...Sennheiser G3 wireless with Tram TR50 is gonna be perfect on a system that is loud...and the OSMO audio input is not powered so the crapped $10 mics may not work.
No phantom power on the stick (Osmo) but it is only a toy so I would not expect 48v Phantom on board. :p
If you are serious about audio when using the stick I would suggest an external recorder and hand clap sync at start of scene.

No phantom power on the stick (Osmo) but it is only a toy so I would not expect 48v Phantom on board. :p
If you are serious about audio when using the stick I would suggest an external recorder and hand clap sync at start of scene.
I applaud this solution.

Reactions: DroneX
Hi guys, I found this shoe mount for the Osmo that clips to the standard phone mount:

DJI OSMO Cold Shoe Mount - ADJUSTABLE - Aerial Drone Accessories

This is great because i was struggling to figure out how to mount my phone AND a mic at the same time. Just need to find a suitable mic now. The Rode Video Mic Pro looks a tad on the large side for me so I was wondering what other people are using?

I'm have that same mic with the cold shoe from them....the mic is not to big at all

The movo mic is all to big for me
The rode videomicro work allot better to me with a compact size

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
That's why I got that movo cuz ppl were sayn to wasn't powered but it is...wasn't sure myself cuz I didn't have the Osmo when I ordered the mic...

Reactions: Lofty Visions
I was reading this thread and thought I would share what came in the mail yesterday. The cold shoe mount is a 3d printed mount that came from Multicopter Warehouse. The microphone is a Rode Video Micro. I did some quick video to test the sound since this an unpowered mic. It seems a huge improvement over the internal mic.

Attachments

• IMG_7291.jpg
    IMG_7291.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7294.jpg
    IMG_7294.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7295.jpg
    IMG_7295.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7296.jpg
    IMG_7296.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
No Biggi I think the one FRM MCWH WAS $10 and FRM ADA $14...That's what we're here for SHARE INFO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide