Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Osmo - UK Stock

Reaction score
Hey all, you may have seen our previous Osmo review blog which we posted after attending the UK launch event in London.

We can confirm that the Osmo has started shipping and we will hopefully be receiving stock next week (WC 19th October). Initial deliveries will be the Osmo camera and gimbal. Will update as we go.

In November DJI will be shipping the Osmo handle kit, available for those who do not want to purchase the Osmo with the included X3 camera.

We will also soon have delivery of the Osmo mounts and accessories, hopefully at the same time as the initial batch of Osmo's next week.

Thanks for your support

Last edited:
Reactions: MattRCGeeks
Thats great. There are just a few questions left:

1. Usind the X3 from Inspire will it have sound?

2. Will the X3 from Inspire need a new firmware for this and will there be any drawbacks when mounted on the Inspire again?

3. Can there be a hand strap used with the Osmo. Sorry but I did not see any on a picture and it really would be the most stupid idea ever to release such thing without a hand strap.

2. Will the X3 from Inspire need a new firmware for this and will there be any drawbacks when mounted on the Inspire again?

3. Can there be a hand strap used with the Osmo. Sorry but I did not see any on a picture and it really would be the most stupid idea ever to release such thing without a hand strap.

Hi Machoman,

1. Yes as the microphone is in the Osmo handle.
2. The Inspire X3 will need new firmware, and there will be no drawbacks re-mounting on your Inspire.
3. Good question, I haven't seen one, but from testing it the grip does fit very well in the hand so I don't think it would be needed.

Hi Machoman,

1. Yes as the microphone is in the Osmo handle.
2. The Inspire X3 will need new firmware, and there will be no drawbacks re-mounting on your Inspire.
3. Good question, I haven't seen one, but from testing it the grip does fit very well in the hand so I don't think it would be needed.

Or it could just slip out of your hand and drop into the river....safe than sorry.

Attached is a screen shot from the forum moderator @Eirlink on the RCGroups Osmo thread that shows a handstrap included in the package. So you're good to go. :)Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 20.42.37.jpg

Reactions: RCGeeks
But is it also for the version without camera? I wonder why DJI does not list these parts anywhere.

Hi Richard, I can confirm we have several units in our initial batch available still.

Update: No exact delivery date as yet, we're hoping this week but haven't received any confirmation yet so I'm starting to think it could be push back to next week.

Thanks

I got to play with one of these this week at GITEX 2015 in Dubai,

People should know that if they buy the handle with the camera, the camera cannot be used on the Inspire due to the seperate locking mech that it has built in for shipping etc......

Saying that, the price that they are asking here seems to be reasonable (750 USD) considering that the camera goes for around 500 usd for an X3

Also the battery life is estimated at one hour. so people may want to consider some spares.

Also the battery life is estimated at one hour. so people may want to consider some spares.

Already ordered a couple of spares, plus some accessories like extension arm and universal accessory, but if the wait is anything like what we experienced with the Inspire batteries after release in Jan, we could be in for a long grind with that single battery. Probably the same for the X5 gimbal adapter. :(

Anymore updates on Stock arrival David? @RCGeeks as another dealer has said they have been pushed back another week due to a technicality?

I'm hoping that delay was from last week as we were told they were shipping over the weekend just gone. I'll update on here when I hear more.

I'm mad, I ordered mine on the 12th and a friend I told about OSMO did the following day. I ordered mine with all the accessories, he did not. So because I was the better customer I get to watch him play with his OSMO, while whatever accessory that is holding up my order still sits in China. I'm sure I've been wasting my time but DJI's response was that they are sorry about the delays due to higher demands than expected. I told them to prove it by sending the order in two shipments. I'll be shocked if they do. So if you're reading this and haven't ordered yours yet, I'd recommend ordering camera only and then everything else you'd like separately. I wouldn't have the accessories but at least I'd have the OSMO.

I'm mad, I ordered mine on the 12th and a friend I told about OSMO did the following day. I ordered mine with all the accessories, he did not. So because I was the better customer I get to watch him play with his OSMO, while whatever accessory that is holding up my order still sits in China. I'm sure I've been wasting my time but DJI's response was that they are sorry about the delays due to higher demands than expected. I told them to prove it by sending the order in two shipments. I'll be shocked if they do. So if you're reading this and haven't ordered yours yet, I'd recommend ordering camera only and then everything else you'd like separately. I wouldn't have the accessories but at least I'd have the OSMO.

Hi Eric, so I assume you ordered from DJI's website?

We would split any order like this so the order is not held up, but we have not had delivery yet.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG