Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI shipped my I2 non combo but no X4s camera

I do things a little differently I purchased all my items separately as my finances would allow (Once a week order) so I first purchased the X4 camera and have received it (3 weeks for delivery) I also purchased 2 batteries (Not here yet) I purchased the 120gb card and reader (Also not here) the same for the high altitude props and On thursday I finally scrounged up the money for the bird and purchased it (And on Friday they shipped so I should have it on Wednesday) 1-11-17I can't wait to see how much CrystalSky is.
The ssd card an reader for the x4s

The ssd card an reader for the x4s
I'm an idiot I didn't realize that this would not work. The old adage is certainly true in my case. "A fool and his money are soon parted" I'm gonna see if I can get a refund OR maybe see if I can scrounge up the money for the X5 and then sell the X4.

I do things a little differently I purchased all my items separately as my finances would allow (Once a week order) so I first purchased the X4 camera and have received it (3 weeks for delivery) I also purchased 2 batteries (Not here yet) I purchased the 120gb card and reader (Also not here) the same for the high altitude props and On thursday I finally scrounged up the money for the bird and purchased it (And on Friday they shipped so I should have it on Wednesday) 1-11-17I can't wait to see how much CrystalSky is.
I just canceled the ssd order fortunately the "refund order" option was still available. Thanks to you guys I was able to be informed!

Forget the I2 and x4 combo as it is just an overpriced and fragile Phantom 4pro : same camera specs. No raw, no prores etc. exactly zero expansion possible.. and the 120 Gig card is good for less than 5 minutes.. with the p4p you get 60 P, real shutter, real aperature and exactly same camera .... and batteries cost less than half.. ok doesnt look as cool . But when DJI drops prices to half you will lose a whole lot less.. been down this road so many times. The b.s. License fee for prores and adobe... pure insult.. my Blackmagic cost less than the fee??? Crazy stuff like my x5r that is obsolete a few months after purchase.. like sheap fighting for a place in line to get slaughtered...

Ps. The X4s doesnt require or need the ssd or the expensive dock... but simply a class 10 SD at $30... in fact dont think it even works with it.. data rate is only 100mbs like a point and shoot pocket cam. A complete I2 pro set up with some batteries and minimal storage is right at 10k ... makes my I1 with X5r look like a bargain.. bought for less than half of its intro price.. 18 months ago! Pay $1500 for P4P or $3600 for I2 and you will get the same footage. To get anything more it is all or nothing to 10k .. reality bites that the 6K delux I2 will come with 1 set of batteries and not even 1 $900 ssd card and do nothing ...

...so I first purchased the X4 camera and have received it (3 weeks for delivery) I also purchased 2 batteries (Not here yet) I purchased the 120gb card and reader...

I hope your shopping list includes the X5S camera as well as the X4S can't make use of the 120GB SSD that you have ordered...

Again you either go all out with the 6k package then add a few more k for SSDs and batteries and dock or just keep it simple and buy the airframe and x4s whick has the same capabilities and video quality as a phantom 4 pro. If you are doing this professionally you need a backup setup ( stuff happens) and an extremely capable editing suite. I would love to love to put away my I1s as this thing is very sexy but i could buy a very nice RED much cheaper.. someone at DJI either didnt think this out or figured we were all rich idiots!
Being bent over for batteries and $900 SSDs is humiliating. If you got to ask you can't afford .. look for major price reductions in my opinion ..kind of like my $2500 ronin.....

I live in the UK, ordered my I2 and X5S without the lens from Heliguy UK, delivery 14th February. We will see if that date holds. Have an Olympus EM-1 and a bunch of lenses including the 12mm F2. Bought the stabilising board for the X5 to fit on my inspire 1 so glad I held off on the gimbal.

Note from moderator: Post removed pending Approved Vendor status

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the bird today! Ordered on thurs got it on mon. all the way from china. was able to get a refund on the ssd card and reader I will apply that to 2 batteries.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP