Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI survey: remote with built-in screen

Reaction score
I just got an email from DJI asking me to complete a survey for them.

All of the questions concerned a new remote that would include a built-in 7" display. It would be compatible with the DJI GO app, so presumably it would be an Android-based design.

They wanted to know how much I would be interested in it, how much I would expect to pay, whether I would want it to have 3G/LTE, etc.

I said I wasn't very interested in such a thing.

I received the survey as well, although haven't taken it yet. I would answer no to that question as well. Why? Well, my thought is that the Apple and Android devices are frequently improved. Why be married to a DJI chosen screen that may be obsolete, or at least not leading edge, in a year?
Don't do it DJI!

Plus if they warranty it like their batteries and other items you would need 2 or go back your Ipad's. waiting 3 months may not mean much to them but time is money here. Beginning to wish I had gone another route.

They can keep their proprietary screen and just keep updating and improving on their firmware for Android and IOS. Also, let's keep working on improving customer service and improving repair turnaround. That's what we need, not no **** screen!!!

This is almost certainly due to the (mild) buzz around the new Yuneec Typhoon, whose controllers do include a built-in touchscreen. The author of the linked story had only flown a P2V, so obviously his slant towards the Yuneec reflected that.

There is an element of 'neat' in it, but having greater control over your screen size - using devices which a large majority of folks already have - has advantages, as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669