Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI X4S Image Quality Question

Yes ive been using the Histogram and find it a great help. Ive also been using AEB, then creating HDR images in photoshop and ive managed to improve the photos that way.

Reactions: Advexure
I use the x4s regularly, the jpeg photos are usually around 8 MB in 3:2 format.

Sorry to dig up an older thread but I was wondering if anyone knows at what aperture the X4S produces the best still images?

I have a question. I have both the I2 with X4S and a Phantom 4 Pro. I am happier with the results (both video and photo) from the P4P as the X4S images tend to be significantly and noticeably "softer." Do you think it is a setting in the X4S? Can I get similar and sharper images with the X4S?

Any insight would be appreciated.

I have a question. I have both the I2 with X4S and a Phantom 4 Pro. I am happier with the results (both video and photo) from the P4P as the X4S images tend to be significantly and noticeably "softer." Do you think it is a setting in the X4S? Can I get similar and sharper images with the X4S?

Any insight would be appreciated.
You should get better pix with the X4S - they both have mechanical shutters (for stills). Are you shooting Raw on the I2? What program are you using to edit? Raw images have a low rez preview that some apps use to show an image - you need to open up in Photoshop or equivalent. Doesn't explain soft video, though. Are you getting the focus right? What kind of F-Stop & Shutter Speed are you getting? That said, the P4P is quite good.

I'll need to spend some more time messing with the settings. Mostly using automatic with RAW. Is there a recommended f-stop/shutter speed setting for crisp 4k? I use Lightroom/Photoshop for photos and Premiere Pro for video.
Just spitballing here - I would get an F-Stop in the 5.6 range; shutter speed is variable - if you have good light something like 1/125 should be sufficient to account for movement of the drone if there's not too much wind.

I'll need to spend some more time messing with the settings. Mostly using automatic with RAW. Is there a recommended f-stop/shutter speed setting for crisp 4k? I use Lightroom/Photoshop for photos and Premiere Pro for video.
Also - are you using any ND filters? For filming they're good, but unless you have the best ones they can cause softness on stills.

Thanks I'll give it a try. I did notice ND filters make it softer.
Any glass in front of the lens will cause deterioration of IQ. The extent of the deterioration will depend on the optical quality of that glass. I personally fly my X4S with the protecting glass removed from the rim. When pixel peeping at 100% I was able to see the difference on shots taken with and without that glass.

Reactions: DaveAU

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide