Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI X5 Camera and Gimbal

Super 35mm sensor, 14 stops of dynamic range, 800mbps 4-2-2, 4096, 2160 @ 60fps, Remote switchable ND, knee and slope adjustable and full paint options from the ground................. Oh, I'm sorry....I nodded off there for a minute. I had a lovely dream :p

Hey just give me the specs of the black magic micro cinema cam and I'll happily buy one :)

BM Micro indeed. 13 stops. Native ProRes 422. This would be the bird to lift it. Though we still need a gimbal suited to the micro. And I really wish BM did a 4K or even a 2.8K version with built-in recording.

Where did we hear about the x5? from the matice product launch?

a) The handheld gimbal is described as "modular" and DJI employees have stated it is the intent to make camera upgrades that will fit the Inspire.

b) The early leaked info on the Matrice 100 (originally called the "Matrix" until trademark infringement concerns likely caused the name change) referred to the new aircraft's "modular" gimbal attachment design and stated that the Matrice would support the Zenmuse X3 camera/gimbal (the existing one for the Inspire 1) and would also fit a camera/gimbal called the "X5". It is logical to presume that if the Matrice 100 fits the X3 and X5, that the Inspire, which already fits the X3 can fit the X5 as well.

c) DJI joined the MFT camera consortium earlier this year. That consortium is made of Micro Four Thirds camera manufacturers like Panasonic, Olympus, Sigma and others. It all points to a serious camera upgrade from DJI.

DJI will never make a camera as good as those in the business of making cameras. I would have an Inspire right now if I could hang a fully stabilized non-DJI camera under it. Sony RX100, Black Magic, and even GoPro H4B.

DJI will never make a camera as good as those in the business of making cameras. I would have an Inspire right now if I could hang a fully stabilized non-DJI camera under it. Sony RX100, Black Magic, and even GoPro H4B.

What's amusing is that the makers of all 3 of the cameras you mentioned were not players in the imaging market very long ago. Many people said the same about Panasonic when they decided to get in to cameras......

The very fact that DJI as a "new player" could come with a product that is 90% of a GP4B only 2 months after GoPro launched it should make it easy to understand were they're going. Whatever comes out will be awesome, if they can't do it themselves they'll team with someone else for the development.
But the fact it's DJI branded allows for possibilities that don't exist with 3rd part cameras, and that's IMO what makes all the difference. The RX100, BM or GoPro would all bring you back to the time of "dumb boxes" you can't control or adjust in flight.

It's one thing for DJI to copy a GoPro and come up with something that's almost as good. It's a whole different game to take on Sony, Panasonic, Black Magic, Red or any of the others. And almost all of those guys are creating drone compatible versions of their cameras.

If DJI was really that committed to imaging quality, they would have fixed all the remaining imaging issues in the P3 and Inspire. Even though my P3P is more stable, I still shoot with the P2/H4B simply because it produces better color, latitude and clarity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry