DJI XT Powered by Flir is here!!!

In all seriousness, the price is competitive for what you get I think and especially for commercial use, it'll pay for itself pretty quickly.

Can it really change between IR and RGB? I doubt it!
I have a FLIR T-300 and you can do this because there's a small camera built in but this particular unit does not.

I think it's a fair price. I paid 9k for a demo FLIR T-300 4 years ago. Paid for itself in no time but you do need the jobs.

If this is a genuine tau2 then the price is fair but the vue pro also has the tau2 core and as the xt has no radiommetry why is it being called a tau2 ? I have asked for exact clarification from DJI for some time now without success as we would need the 640 res 30hz version and that is a lot of money if this is not a full tau2 camera and not just tau2 core

Reactions: CaptainBadge
We were ready to go until we found out it had no radiometry. A lot of money for a spot meter and useless for many applications that would actually pay for it.

We were ready to go until we found out it had no radiometry. A lot of money for a spot meter and useless for many applications that would actually pay for it.

Do you mean the isotherm feature that regular handheld FLIR cameras have?
That's what I'm curious about as well. If it doesn't have that feature I'll pass also.
I like that feature where by you can adjust the temp threshold and you're just looking for anything that's higher than the set temp.

'The Advanced Radiometric Tau2 camera allows customers to derive temperature information per pixel from objects in the scene (using the T-Linear 14-bit video output). Additionally external scene parameters can be compensated (such as emissivity, window transmission, etc.) to more accurately determine temperature. The Advanced Radiometric cameras also provide an image metric feature where the user can query the camera for scene temperature data via serial command (such as maximum, minimum, and standard deviation for user defined regions).' - Flir

Looking forward to a user review. Guys, if you purchased one please share your results and a review. Is it meeting your needs? Thanks.

sadly it appears you cannot run the data from the camera in the FLIR Tools software !!!!!......and what is the point of measuring something when you cant report it back to the client ??.........Yuneec need to come to the rescue here

sadly it appears you cannot run the data from the camera in the FLIR Tools software !!!!!......and what is the point of measuring something when you cant report it back to the client ??.........Yuneec need to come to the rescue here
"appears you cannot run the data from the camera in the FLIR Tools software"
Can you explain what you mean?