Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

dLOG , it's normal?

Reaction score
Hi, i have Zenmuse x5s, I buy the license apple pro res and the cine ssd ;
I can't find a solution for color correction when I record in dlog.
This is the luma, is this normal? when I record in dlog with sony the luma's graphic is too different...
I'm not very expert, but with the sony alpha7iii I can have fun and I'm satisfied with the colorgrading.Schermata 2020-02-23 alle 20.21.41.pngSchermata 2020-02-23 alle 20.21.41.png
paese, check the image and advice me if the luma is correct... ( I record ettr naturally )
Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand me!
bye
Chris

Yes, this is what D-Log footage looks like.

You have to add the saturation and contrast in your video editing software. There are LUTs you can download that purport to do most of it for you, but I have never had much success with them.

So just work the contrast and saturation/vibrance sliders until it looks right.

I've had major issues with my X5. following to see what others have to say!!

Maybe I did not say it clear enough
I am aware that recording in log mode has the characteristic of having an almost completely desaturated file and no contrast.
working in log with my sony a7iii, i notice a big difference on the luma chart; the slog plot is much larger, while the dji plot is very compressed in an area of the luma plot. it's normal?

Another thing, when I record in dlog, I don't have a preview of the lut preview ...
Using an android phone I have the option (square rainbow) while if I use ipad or iphone I don't have this option ... why?

Hi, i have Zenmuse x5s, I buy the license apple pro res and the cine ssd ;
I can't find a solution for color correction when I record in dlog.
This is the luma, is this normal? when I record in dlog with sony the luma's graphic is too different...
I'm not very expert, but with the sony alpha7iii I can have fun and I'm satisfied with the colorgrading.
paese, check the image and advice me if the luma is correct... ( I record ettr naturally )
Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand me!
bye
Chris
In general, dealing with D-Log colour space is difficult and requires a lot of experience. It's a bit of hit-and-miss approach during the art of colour grading, using prefabricated LUTs or not. In addition, DJI has different implementation of D-log philosophy than Sony. Anyway, with landscape imagery it doesn't make much sense unless you're after a particular film-like mood. For this reason I shot everything in D-Cine colour space, which preserves enough details in shadows/highlights and delivers the most naturally looking image for minor tweaks in post. IMO, obviously.

Reactions: marctronixx
In general, dealing with D-Log colour space is difficult and requires a lot of experience. It's a bit of hit-and-miss approach during the art of colour grading, using prefabricated LUTs or not. In addition, DJI has different implementation of D-log philosophy than Sony. Anyway, with landscape imagery it doesn't make much sense unless you're after a particular film-like mood. For this reason I shot everything in D-Cine colour space, which preserves enough details in shadows/highlights and delivers the most naturally looking image for minor tweaks in post. IMO, obviously.
Thanks for the info, I'll try d-cine today!

after several attempts; i was able to find the solution for color correction in dlog. but the image always has a lot of noise even if you overexpose the image a lot. How is it possible? the file doesn't even seem very detailed to me; I compared it with the files of a dji air and its image seems much more detailed! I do not understand!

after several attempts; i was able to find the solution for color correction in dlog. but the image always has a lot of noise even if you overexpose the image a lot. How is it possible? the file doesn't even seem very detailed to me; I compared it with the files of a dji air and its image seems much more detailed! I do not understand!
Most of us seasoned Inspire users do not understand DJI's recipe for D-Log format, so you're not alone. It's been discussed to death and confirmed by many that the D-Log implementation by DJI is awkward and doesn't deliver expected benefits. However, X5S camera and raw video formats will deliver enough flexibility for image dynamics adjustment in post production. Record in D-Cinema and Normal colour space, abandon D-Log. That's my advice ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela