Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does the M600PRO requires a different mount for the Z30?

Just got a Z30 but it will not lock on the same mount I use for the X5 and XT . Am I missing something?
Yes, you’ll need the Z30 gimbal mount.
Slide the X5 Mount off and the Z30 on.
Same w plug connections on both mounts.
The Z30 will also be the XT2 Mount if you aquire in future.
Only other one missing is the RoninMX, it’s for DSLR’s.

Last edited:
Is it possible to mount both gimbal mounts on the 600 and switch from Z30 to X5, XT?

Sorry, the M600 series does not include firmware to support a Dual Mount. Several Owners have expressed that DJI add FW support for Dual gimbal similar to M210. The M600Pro could easily handle the weight better than other crafts.

There also isn't really room on the depth of the rails to mount both X5 & Z30 mounts. In addition, they use the same ports on LB2.

An option, I haven't explored that may be possible is constructing a gimbal mount that contains both the X5 & Z30 coupling, You could then swap cameras & move connections from 1 to the other pretty quickly. Looking at the base plates, you'd probably need to fabricate a new carbon base plate and transplant both Couplings.

Sorry, the M600 series does not include firmware to support a Dual Mount. Several Owners have expressed that DJI add FW support for Dual gimbal similar to M210. The M600Pro could easily handle the weight better than other crafts.

There also isn't really room on the depth of the rails to mount both X5 & Z30 mounts. In addition, they use the same ports on LB2.

An option, I haven't explored that may be possible is constructing a gimbal mount that contains both the X5 & Z30 coupling, You could then swap cameras & move connections from 1 to the other pretty quickly. Looking at the base plates, you'd probably need to fabricate a new carbon base plate and transplant both Couplings.
Man, DJI screwed the pooch on this one. Makes no sense not to have extra ports and FW to handle both on their largest weight lifter. Guess I'm going to approach my dealer nextweek and see if they can fabricate a new carbon base plate and transplant both Couplings.

Much appreciated....

Man, DJI screwed the pooch on this one. Makes no sense not to have extra ports and FW to handle both on their largest weight lifter. Guess I'm going to approach my dealer nextweek and see if they can fabricate a new carbon base plate and transplant both Couplings.

Much appreciated....
That would work in quick vision, but at the same time it's 1 Allen wrench and a quick turn of 4 sm screws to loosen and slid one off & the other on. Not sure which would be the worse situation.

I agree on the M600Pro not being able to carry a dual mount and contain FW to support.
Actually, I feel it should be like the M210, can carry a dual mount & have a FPV 3rd nose camera.

That would work in quick vision, but at the same time it's 1 Allen wrench and a quick turn of 4 sm screws to loosen and slid one off & the other on. Not sure which would be the worse situation.

I agree on the M600Pro not being able to carry a dual mount and contain FW to support.
Actually, I feel it should be like the M210, can carry a dual mount & have a FPV 3rd nose camera.
Folks at INNOVATIVE UAS are the best, we'll see what they say....

We definitely love the M600 and M600 Pro. Although we have not made this modification, we have seen 2 gimbals on an M600 by adding a second LightBridge 2 air unit that connects to a separate M600 remote controller on the ground. You end up with 2 transmission systems onboard and can then talk to 2 different remotes on the ground - each with its own gimbal port (2 ports on a custom plate and independent camera control.

Bit of a hassle - but possible. And you can keep the nose camera if you have installed one.

We definitely love the M600 and M600 Pro. Although we have not made this modification, we have seen 2 gimbals on an M600 by adding a second LightBridge 2 air unit that connects to a separate M600 remote controller on the ground. You end up with 2 transmission systems onboard and can then talk to 2 different remotes on the ground - each with its own gimbal port (2 ports on a custom plate and independent camera control.

Bit of a hassle - but possible. And you can keep the nose camera if you have installed one.
Thanks FDS. I flew a 600P with a dual setup for a PD. I just want to be able to switch relatively quickly from Z30 to XT, have no need to fly both simultaneously.

Thanks FDS. I flew a 600P with a dual setup for a PD. I just want to be able to switch relatively quickly from Z30 to XT, have no need to fly both simultaneously.
Gotcha...makes sense. Sounds like it is going to be a custom bracket and wiring harness. Definitely possible. As mentioned above, if you were to change to the XT2, it uses the same mount as the Z30 making the changeover almost instant.

The last thing to try (although I don't necessarily think it will work) is adding the M210 gimbal adapter to your XT which converts the XT to the newer mount (like XT2 and Z30). This adapter was made to allow the XT to fly under the M200 / 210. People of course tried it on an Inspire 2 without success, but because the M600 already supports the XT and XT2, I wonder if the aircraft would see and talk to the XT. Of course that makes sense to us - but it does not mean DJI allows it to work.

Gotcha...makes sense. Sounds like it is going to be a custom bracket and wiring harness. Definitely possible. As mentioned above, if you were to change to the XT2, it uses the same mount as the Z30 making the changeover almost instant.

The last thing to try (although I don't necessarily think it will work) is adding the M210 gimbal adapter to your XT which converts the XT to the newer mount (like XT2 and Z30). This adapter was made to allow the XT to fly under the M200 / 210. People of course tried it on an Inspire 2 without success, but because the M600 already supports the XT and XT2, I wonder if the aircraft would see and talk to the XT. Of course that makes sense to us - but it does not mean DJI allows it to work.
Food for thought, thanks very much!

Curious, the PD setup was a 2 LB & 2 Radio setup or only 1 camera available during flight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc