Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dolomiti in Italy | 6K Ultra HD 60 FPS Cinematic Drone Video

Beautifully shot. It's pretty rare that drone video can hold my attention. I watched this on my 4K 32" monitor and it looks fantastic. That said....

I noticed an interesting digital anomaly about 25 seconds in.

1572810520621.png

Seems to be some kind of compression artifact. Is this a YouTube thing? Or is this in your original footage? I considered that it might be heat signature, but it doesn't quite look like natural heat distortion.

D

Last edited:
That looks like compression artifacts to me. That area is in the foreground with a lot of detail is moving fast. Sort of like when capturing a scene with confetti pouring down, it reeks havoc on codecs.. Don't know if it's actually a YT codec issue, or the original, but I think either way it's compression issue.

My guess would be YT, since they compress the hell out of things to save server space.

I seem to remember that there's a guide somewhere on how to compress video best for YT to get the most out of your video when posting specifically to YT, I just don't remember where I saw that and what's involved.

I use Vimeo, which in my opinion is much better about things like that.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I use Vimeo, which in my opinion is much better about things like that.

Agreed. After having a YouTube account for well over a decade, I recently opened a Vimeo account. Unfortunately, I'm kind of committed to the YouTube account because of the sheer mass of content I have on their servers and all the YT links I have all over the place. While YT is still my go-to, that is changing quickly.

It's disappointing that the OP can't answer even the most basic questions about the footage he supposedly shot. Makes me raise an eyebrow...

D

As the two friends before me wrote here up, that one is/are certainly compression artifacts, perhaps generated at the origin, perhaps mixed afterwards with the costant feature of YouTube ...creativity free added.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool