Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Double failure on new I1 v2 - Bricked TB47 now dead SC out of the box

Reaction score
All

I am looking for troubleshooting experience or perhaps just some reassurance in the Inspire 1 platform. I purchased the original Phantom 1, self installed the gimbal and video transmitter and have flow that platform for years with zero issues. My new Inspire 1 V2 has had two failures right out of the box.

I received a new Inspire 1 V2 on Monday only to discover it had a bricked TB47. The seller replaced the battery and of course I was excited for my first flight with the Inspire. I fully charged all the batteries, powered on the controller, powered on the Inspire, took it out of travel mode, powered down, installed the gimbal and repeated the power on process.

The controller comes on line, the Inspire boots, calibrates the gimbal and the status indcators change to green flashing. I then started the latest version of DJI Go, connect the USB/lightning cable and I get no connection. An hour later I have tried 4 different lightning cables, an iPhone 6, an iPad Pro and a iPhone 5s and none of them will connect. Tried a controller reset as well.

At this point I am left to assume the USB port on the controller is bad.

Am I missing anything? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
All

I am looking for troubleshooting experience or perhaps just some reassurance in the Inspire 1 platform. I purchased the original Phantom 1, self installed the gimbal and video transmitter and have flow that platform for years with zero issues. My new Inspire 1 V2 has had two failures right out of the box.

I received a new Inspire 1 V2 on Monday only to discover it had a bricked TB47. The seller replaced the battery and of course I was excited for my first flight with the Inspire. I fully charged all the batteries, powered on the controller, powered on the Inspire, took it out of travel mode, powered down, installed the gimbal and repeated the power on process.

The controller comes on line, the Inspire boots, calibrates the gimbal and the status indcators change to green flashing. I then started the latest version of DJI Go, connect the USB/lightning cable and I get no connection. An hour later I have tried 4 different lightning cables, an iPhone 6, an iPad Pro and a iPhone 5s and none of them will connect. Tried a controller reset as well.

At this point I am left to assume the USB port on the controller is bad.

Am I missing anything? Any suggestions?

Not sure if this helps, but I have always connected my iPad *before* turning anything on. Based on your account, it sounds like you are powering everything up and *then* connecting the Lightning™ cable. I don't believe the order matters once you establish connections. But I believe the *first* time everything should be connected first. I would then boot in this order:

1. Controller
2. iPad (Wait for a connection to establish between controller and iPad)
3. Inspire 1

The controller should make a connection with the iPad prior to turning on the Inspire.

Forgive me, as this is based on my [failing] memory of my initial flight. I've had 90+ flights since then.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I tried that sequence but the DJI Go app wold never connect. The button never says connect to camera, just "how to connect"

What FW is the controller and craft on do you know? try updating the craft to the latest fw but i am wondering if you have even got it out of transport mode,

I was able to get it out of transport mode but since I cannot connect I have no idea what the firmware versions are.

Is there someway to tell without the DJI Go app?

Also, I can tilt the gimbal with the controller but cannot initiate a motor start by pulling the sticks in. Not sure if you need the Go App connected before you can spin up since I have never had her in the air.

I was able to get it out of transport mode but since I cannot connect I have no idea what the firmware versions are.

Is there someway to tell without the DJI Go app?

Also, I can tilt the gimbal with the controller but cannot initiate a motor start by pulling the sticks in. Not sure if you need the Go App connected before you can spin up since I have never had her in the air.

Yea the craft needs to be activated via the Go App, so when you turn on the RC with the craft does the tail light flash green and the RC light go green ?

Yes, once the AC is powered on the RC light goes green then the gimbal calibrates and shortly after the light on the tail blinks green.

OK so the fw should be OK as a match, If you are stuck on the How to connect screen and you have tried multipole devices and cables then its likely the RC connection but try the two below if you already have not.

1: Try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

2: How to link the remote via the combination buttons on the controller:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go of the buttons, the press the wheel on the right side of the controller. The first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a small tool to press the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, release the linking button and wait, it will link in a few seconds.

See Manual to find Link button

I thought I should post an update

Controller reset did not work and 4 days working with DJI tech support yielded no progress. They told me they were sending a RMA for the controller for the last two day but despite 2 phone calls and several emails I have received nothing.

I am a long time DJI customer and still fly a Phantom 1 weekly. Frankly, I am pretty disappointed.

So, I am sending the Inspire 1 back for a refund. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters