Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downed inspire

Very sorry to hear of your loss :(

Are those adapters just screwed on or do they have something pinning them on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. From their FAQ:

----

5) Are propeller locks needed?

No. The precision aluminum attachment plate has been designed for use with the supported CF props and bring together a high grade aluminum spindle and motor mount directly. The props simply need to be hand-tightened to ensure their secure attachment.

Some DJI 1345 self-tightening plastic props had imperfect threads and gave users feedback that they were properly tightened and secured when the thread was not fully seated on the motor. This lead to propellers unthreading with the active braking feature of the Inspire motors and led DJI to issue propeller locks as a result.

With the precision engineered CNC machined aircraft aluminum billet attachment plates, improper threading construction is not a concern and propeller locks are not needed.

Yes. From their FAQ:

----

5) Are propeller locks needed?

No. The precision aluminum attachment plate has been designed for use with the supported CF props and bring together a high grade aluminum spindle and motor mount directly. The props simply need to be hand-tightened to ensure their secure attachment.

Some DJI 1345 self-tightening plastic props had imperfect threads and gave users feedback that they were properly tightened and secured when the thread was not fully seated on the motor. This lead to propellers unthreading with the active braking feature of the Inspire motors and led DJI to issue propeller locks as a result.

With the precision engineered CNC machined aircraft aluminum billet attachment plates, improper threading construction is not a concern and propeller locks are not needed.
So those props just spin on or are they bolted on? It looks like they are bolted on but the description you gave sounds like they are spin on.

So those props just spin on or are they bolted on? It looks like they are bolted on but the description you gave sounds like they are spin on.

Props are bolted to the adapters and top base plate. The whole unit then spins on if that makes sense? Hand tighten.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456783992.928188.jpg

Props are bolted to the adapters and top base plate. The whole unit then spins on if that makes sense? Hand tighten.

View attachment 6982
So despite their description about why there is no need for prop locks you are not worried at all? Such a small user base for this solution that it might take a while for the problem to appear whereas the stock props from DJI has lots of users so problems become evident sooner.

Reactions: ARF
So despite their description about why there is no need for prop locks you are not worried at all? Such a small user base for this solution that it might take a while for the problem to appear whereas the stock props from DJI has lots of users so problems become evident sooner.

I'm completely confident in the safety and security of these adapters and props. I've been using them almost exclusivity since July last year, and they are awesome. T-Motor props are the best money can buy.

I'm also completely confident in the safety and security of the original DJI auto tightening Inspire props when used with their prop locks as the double-layered security of auto tightening + locks makes them the best Inspire prop solution DJI has produced so far.

I'm completely confident in the safety and security of these adapters and props. I've been using them almost exclusivity since July last year, and they are awesome. T-Motor props are the best money can buy.

I'm also completely confident in the safety and security of the original DJI auto tightening Inspire props when used with their prop locks as the double-layered security of auto tightening + locks makes them the best Inspire prop solution DJI has produced so far.
OK im sold. Just so Im clear, once they prop itself is assembled, I just arrive on site and spin them on?

Correct. Just hand tighten.
watched the lyhn phan installation the guy suggested using threadlocker for the bolts in the plate. I'm gone use it with the adapters also as I did with dji originals.
Would like to see a 3d prop locks for L.P. adapters. Dji fit over just not long enough to lock 14568032275941933932135.jpg

watched the lyhn phan installation the guy suggested using threadlocker for the bolts in the plate. I'm gone use it with the adapters also as I did with dji originals.
Would like to see a 3d prop locks for L.P. adapters. Dji fit over just not long enough to lock View attachment 6994
Yeah i agree. Never have enough safety. Prop locks would be great. Somebody print them please.

Nothing like paranoia! (thanks guys! lol) I went home yesterday and check those screws and must have placed those props on and off 5 times! Falcon9 might get off the ground tonight and I'd like to capture the launch, without falling from the sky!

Reactions: Black Sky
Nothing like paranoia! (thanks guys! lol) I went home yesterday and check those screws and must have placed those props on and off 5 times! Falcon9 might get off the ground tonight and I'd like to capture the launch, without falling from the sky!

Not to add to your paranoia, but I'm thinking that just might be at the root of the problem here, repeated removal and installation of the 1345T quick release props. What I mean is that MAYBE this repeated process is creating some slop, so to speak in the fit, thus causing the prop locking mechanism to become loose and ultimately rotate to a unfixed position on the mounting hub particularly with increased vibration. It may be in our best interest to recheck the props with each new flight to determine if this is becoming an ongoing issue, and if so take the appropriate steps to choose another method of securing the props as mentioned. : )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi