Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drifted at take off?

Reaction score
I decided to fly my I1 today took off in an empty parking lot near my house. There was a tree about 15 feet away and when I took off, I had just calibrated my compass and had full gps. When I was about 7 feet in the air, my I1 immediatly, with no input from me, started drifting hard towards the right. I immediately recognized this as an error so I took control of the I1, but I hardly had time to react. I pulled back as hard as I could so as to avoid the tree and my left front prop clipped the trunk of the tree. After it clipped the tree, I set my I1 down and shut everything down.

Thankfully, the only damage was too the left front prop and the I1 seems to be just fine as of right now.

Has anyone else had any issues like this? I don't know what happened because at the height I was at, even if I didn't have gps lock, the ultra-sonic sensors and the camera on the bottom should have held it in place.

I installed the software that was the latest version about one month ago.

It happened to me today for my first flight. It started to move off and my heli training took over. Was in GPS mode. Best I can figure is that when I put the inspire nose down to go around, I was going around my axis and not the inspires axis. After I turned around the inspire's axis and not my own, it stayed put.

Heya Paul, your experience sounds exactly like mine, except mine drifted right.

It seems like this might have something to do with the bottom camera and the ultrasonic sensors.

I've had mine since about late Janurary, and this is the first issue that I've had with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG