Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Causes House Fire

Reaction score
I know most are all pros here but a little reminder never hurts.
Im the worlds worst about leaving mine in my hobby room
but might be rethinking where I do mine from now on.
Saw this in PP and just dropping it here.

I know most are all pros here but a little reminder never hurts.
Im the worlds worst about leaving mine in my hobby room
but might be rethinking where I do mine from now on.
Saw this in PP and just dropping it here.

The link just says “access denied” for me ...

That looked like it was a Yuneec drone (hard to tell cause it was melted), but it was too big to be a Mavic and too small to be an Inspire in my opinion. Not that it matters, but yeah, don't leave batteries charging, especially overnight. Having said that, they can still blow up even when resting.

It's always worried me since starting to fly Battery powered RC planes and Helis for the last 10 years. When LiPo's first came out they all came with disclaimers that warned you that these batteries must be charged with a balanced charger or they can explode.

The proliferation of LiPos was surprising to me because of how dangerous they are, but you can't beat them for power to weight ratio.

Insurance claim denied..

I have so many batteries all over the place but I trust they don't "explode" like we trust people don't cross the double yellow into us at highway speeds. You will go crazy from paranoia.

The LiPo-batteries that I do not use, I have in ammo boxes.

If for some reason I would not be able to monitor the charge, I put the charger with batteries in a baking dish and another under it, depending on whether it is eg a wooden table it is on.

The LiPo-batteries that I do not use, I have in ammo boxes.

If for some reason I would not be able to monitor the charge, I put the charger with batteries in a baking dish and another under it, depending on whether it is eg a wooden table it is on.

I mean, if the God system uses levels beyond quantum physics to spark an explosion on a battery that is built right, there is really nothing you can do. Just as health conditions, heart attacks, bug bites, shootings, etc. if someone is a target by the God system there is nothing anyone can do but it's not always for the negative. Could've been born a creature at the bottom of the deepest ocean or a human. We were selected to be humans so we are here.

I mean, if the God system uses levels beyond quantum physics to spark an explosion on a battery that is built right, there is really nothing you can do.

Well, you can prevent a fire from spreading. By thinking about what can happen and acting preventively...
But if you do not think it will happen and do not take any preventative measures, you may suffer one day or not.
It´s a gamble... just like driving a car without a seat belt.

I had never seen this, but I will say I never leave any kind of battery charging when I leave my home. Have to use common sense with lithium batteries. my two cents.

This is the way I have done.
We sadly only have wood floor and carpets in our apartment. We bought 2 large stone plates, where we put ammo boxes on. I took of the lids for all ammo boxes. Then I have each battery in its own lipo safe bags. The bags are nice but I do not overly trust them. However inside the ammo box they should provide extra protection. I have 4 batteries in each ammo bag so I do not fill it completely. I think I will get some fire insulation and put between the batteries to simply avoid them lighting each other up.

And I only charge when I am in the house, however I can be in another room. We have a fire extinquisher and blankets nearby.
Still have not figured out how to deal with it when we travel, for now I just keep them in the small lipo safe bags, but I consider getting some larger bags to have an extra layer around them.

Best,
Andreas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry